WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
The Best At What I Do's Avatar
The Best At What I Do The Best At What I Do is offline
and that's posting
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL
Age: 29
Posts: 305
The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why doesn't Sheamus wrestle?

This is a very serious question. It's been bothering me a lot lately. Isn't it strange that our WWE Champion Sheamus barely ever wrestles a match? Let's take a look at his tenure on RAW:

Beats professional jobber Jamie Noble
Takes a week off
Wins a battle royal to become #1 contender
Beats comedy jobber Santino
Takes a week off
Beats John Cena to become WWE Champion
Takes yet another week off

Note: When I say he takes a week off, I am aware that he still wrestles but the fact is we the viewers never see it so it almost doesn't count (house show mentality)

This guy is holding the top title in all of professional wrestling and we don't even get a chance to see what he is capable of in the ring. I've heard of his past 7 years of wrestling but I (and the majority of fans) can only go by what we have seen from him on RAW and that isn't much. He has yet to wrestle any legit contender on RAW outside of when he won the title.

The only reason I can think of is that the WWE doesn't want to crush any other up-and-comer's momentum by having Sheamus squash him. But that doesn't even make sense because they had him go over their top guy so they must already have a lot of faith in him. So can someone please tell me why the WWE Champion doesn't get any real ring time? Wouldn't beating anyone who is at least midcard level help show why he should be champion?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls_of_Jericho
I think you've become my all time favourite poster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post



this one, he is climbing up my list of favorites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasRevenge79
LOVE LOVE LOVE your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 90s Kid
You're officially the best at posting.
sendpm.gif
  #2  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Rich the UK WWE Fan Rich the UK WWE Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 170
Rich the UK WWE Fan is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

The only reason Sheamus won is to shut the Internet smarks up who constantly bitch about Cena being Champion, however Cena will get "his" belt back either at the Royal Rumble or not long after, Vince isn't dumb enough to keep the belt off his number 1 Star for all that long.

When Cena's back from making The Marine 2, he'll be back in the title picture, I guarantee it, although even I don't want HIM to be the one to end the famous Undertaker streak at Wrestlemania, especially given that if I win enough money on the Lottery between now and next March, I plan to be there.
sendpm.gif
  #3  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 PM
JayMiine's Avatar
JayMiine JayMiine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 116
JayMiine is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Vince does not cater to the IWC, maybe to HHH,HBK and his own interests in wrestlers(Sheamus, Mcintyre) but thats a different story.

Cena isn't in the Marine 2, Dibiase is and its already filmed, hence the preview of it last night on Raw.

As for your question, I don't get this Sheamus thing either. I am a big fan of the guy, love the accent and all, but I dont understand why he was not FEATURED on last nights show. This is one of the "biggest nights in the WWE" and your WWE champion is on for about 2minutes. Sheamus should have opened the show or interrupted Miller. He needs the face time right now.
sendpm.gif
  #4  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM
captainalaric's Avatar
captainalaric captainalaric is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14
captainalaric is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich the UK WWE Fan View Post
The only reason Sheamus won is to shut the Internet smarks up who constantly bitch about Cena being Champion, however Cena will get "his" belt back either at the Royal Rumble or not long after, Vince isn't dumb enough to keep the belt off his number 1 Star for all that long.

When Cena's back from making The Marine 2, he'll be back in the title picture, I guarantee it, although even I don't want HIM to be the one to end the famous Undertaker streak at Wrestlemania, especially given that if I win enough money on the Lottery between now and next March, I plan to be there.
Okay, okay. First of all, The Marine 2 has already been filmed. Secondly, Cena didn't star in it, Ted DiBiase did. Cena is off filming another movie very soon, but The Marine 2 isn't it.

Anyway, it looks to me that Sheamus isn't "wrestling" because he's being put over as the "unstoppable monster heel". Heel wrestlers have a characteristic of not using very many wrestling moves at all. The crowd gets bored of seeing rest hold after rest hold and punch/kick after punch/kick, which is why heels do it. Sheamus is no exception, and with his size included in the picture, he plays this type of character very well.
__________________

The best in the world.

Quote:
My name? My name is Alberto....IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!
One day, this quote will come.
sendpm.gif
  #5  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM
ANT-MAN87 ANT-MAN87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3
ANT-MAN87 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Easy response to that, He is green, he only got called up from the minors earlier this year. He has no skill or ring savvy and his mic skills are terrible. I guess also they want him to look like a threat, however if he wrestled more than he would look more like a force to be reckoned with than carrot tops big brother. Point is like they said in "the Wrestler" the guys who politic run this business, Gaymus work out buddy is Triple H that says a lot. To me he is a over rated Irish version of sid vicious and fit finely combined. His title reign is the same shit Vince did in the early 90's with Yokozona making a new comer champ and having the fan favorite job to him until mania. These are the reasons why the WWE needs competition so they don't do dumb moves like this.
sendpm.gif
  #6  
Old 12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
The Best At What I Do's Avatar
The Best At What I Do The Best At What I Do is offline
and that's posting
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL
Age: 29
Posts: 305
The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainalaric View Post
Anyway, it looks to me that Sheamus isn't "wrestling" because he's being put over as the "unstoppable monster heel". Heel wrestlers have a characteristic of not using very many wrestling moves at all. The crowd gets bored of seeing rest hold after rest hold and punch/kick after punch/kick, which is why heels do it. Sheamus is no exception, and with his size included in the picture, he plays this type of character very well.
1st off, I like how you put the word wrestling in quotes hahaha. Anyways, you claim that he isn't "wrestling" because he's being put over as the "unstoppable monster heel". Wouldn't that be portrayed easier if he were to say actually beat someone down instead of not getting in the ring at all? Other "unstoppable monster heel" pushes were at least fed jobbers on a weekly basis to show dominance. This guy rarely even gets in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMiine View Post
As for your question, I don't get this Sheamus thing either. I am a big fan of the guy, love the accent and all, but I dont understand why he was not FEATURED on last nights show. This is one of the "biggest nights in the WWE" and your WWE champion is on for about 2minutes. Sheamus should have opened the show or interrupted Miller. He needs the face time right now.
My point exactly. As WWE Champion he is technically the face of the company. It doesn't make sense to only give the champion 2 minutes of talk time, no ring time or no show of dominance on a 3 hour broadcast. It seems like the only reason we saw him at all last night was due to his slammy win
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls_of_Jericho
I think you've become my all time favourite poster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post



this one, he is climbing up my list of favorites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasRevenge79
LOVE LOVE LOVE your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 90s Kid
You're officially the best at posting.
sendpm.gif
  #7  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
shanners_03 shanners_03 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 17
shanners_03 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Off topic - haha ANT-MAN87 i have the feeling that you are a bit bitter about cena losing "his" title? by any chance are you another of the boring pathetic cena followers in which case your opinion wont mean jack shit.
yes he is HHH training buddie and if that got him the title well he doesnt care what you think aslong as he has been shot to stardom! he has good technical skills from what ive seen but i will give you that he has terrible mic skills and needs to better himself there but he does look like a dominant force i mean that bicycle kick and his crucifix powerbomb are beautiful so he has a good chance in this company as far as im concerned.

Right now onto topic i agree i mean i was going "what the hell this dude has been doing fuck all apart from retiring Noble" and thats not saying much i mean im surpirsed hornswoggle hadnt done it sooner haha but yeah he seems dominant and yet we only get to see short moments of him besides his title match this past sunday which i enjoyed apart from the running from cena every few minutes. i for one would love to see more of this powerhouse and see him face some actual competition. If HHH is such a good mate of his im sure he would job to him but then again we are talking about HHH here who doesnt care who it is really.
sendpm.gif
  #8  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
The S#cial Sector's Avatar
The S#cial Sector The S#cial Sector is offline
Believes in The Shield!
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia, SC
Age: 23
Posts: 1,618
The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to The S#cial Sector Send a message via Skype™ to The S#cial Sector
Default

I'm not sure exactly why he's not wrestling, but if you ask me, I kind of like it.

Here's a guy who has yet to demonstrate just how truly powerful he really is, yet he's the top guy in the industry. That right there will get the common wrestling fan to think "If he did that this way, then how would he fair doing it this way?"

And plus, as a heel, you want to be the guy who studies your opponent. You want to be the guy who can outsmart the face and take the victory as fast as possible. Vice versa, you want to be the one who isn't studied by your opponent. You want to be the guy who everyone is wanting to see more of, but not getting.

Personally, I think this would work better if he had a team to fight for him. However, this angle right now is working and I must say it's pretty nice to see something new from WWE.
sendpm.gif
  #9  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Stuntz's Avatar
Stuntz Stuntz is offline
WTF!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 37
Posts: 187
Stuntz is looking to come up from OCW...Stuntz is looking to come up from OCW...Stuntz is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT-MAN87 View Post
Easy response to that, He is green, he only got called up from the minors earlier this year. He has no skill or ring savvy and his mic skills are terrible. I guess also they want him to look like a threat, however if he wrestled more than he would look more like a force to be reckoned with than carrot tops big brother. Point is like they said in "the Wrestler" the guys who politic run this business, Gaymus work out buddy is Triple H that says a lot. To me he is a over rated Irish version of sid vicious and fit finely combined. His title reign is the same shit Vince did in the early 90's with Yokozona making a new comer champ and having the fan favorite job to him until mania. These are the reasons why the WWE needs competition so they don't do dumb moves like this.
First off, no one the WWE brings onto RAW is that green. The man has 7 years of wrestling experience. If he could'nt wrestle he wouldn't be on RAW or the champion for that matter. Apparently creative and booking see some type of potential for him to get the title that quick. Perfect example of an unstoppable force getting a belt quick.....Bill Goldberg. The man could not wrestle to save his life, however he was one hell of a mean son of a bitch and could tear everyone apart. As far as Sheamus goes, he put on a good show at TLC. 15 minutes in the ring with Cena and it didnt look horrible. We will see more of his wrestling ability in the future and as this plays out further I am looking foward to the change in Main event matches.
sendpm.gif
  #10  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
RockNWag RockNWag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
RockNWag is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default Kind of off topic

Sheamus..is a bit annoying, but I understand where the WWE is coming from by doing his character like they are, although I don't really agree with it. And for the dude that said something about "lame Cena followers"....Look dude, Cena is VERY highly ranked in the WWE, and a lot of people see that as....He's just got a good figure, and a good personality....and a lot of charisma, so he's going to be the top dog...but watch him wrestle sometimes, hmm? He hits his moves PERFECTLY...how often have you seen him botch a move? Anyway....The reason for the post is this question... Why didn't Cena get a rematch? There was NO mention of the rematch clause on raw, and I'm a little confused by it...Anyone care to explain?
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
WrestleZone.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.