WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-15-2009, 02:54 AM
I am a Proffesional Raincoat

The Magic Taco sold out
Default I Quit Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

On smackdown this week it says that Teddy Long made the Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy match at Backlash an 'I Quit' match! I think this an interesting idea considering both of the Hardys are on different brands now. I thought the feud would have finished with the stretcher match? I guess not. I am just wondering how long they are going to draw out the feud.

What are your thoughts on the reasoning behind the match and who do you think will win it and why?

Last edited by The Magic Taco : 04-19-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Forgot 'I Quit' Match wasn't a 'Loser Leaves Match'
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor

Could you please put that in spoiler tags? Some of us may not have read the spoilers.

Since you didn't, I'll just say I don't think they'll weasel out of it at all. This could be the match with the story Matt and JEff WANTED to tell but weren't given enough time to tell. I expect a really good match, especially if they make it as awesome as that stretcher match was.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 AM

Roflcopter sold out

This is gonna be awesum. but im not sure how its gonna go because i dont think theres anyway jeffs gonna quit in wat could be seen as his final chance to get vegence due to matt goin to raw. matt could say "I quit" and then go on saying he already beat jeff twice he didnt need to risk an injury by proving wat was already proved that hes the betta hardy. I tell wat would be awesum. Matt learning a nw submission that will pretty much finalize his character as a stradgist/opportunist and jeff doesnt say I quit but instead becomes incapacitated and the ref calls the match to end pissing all the fans off... awesum!!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 AM
I might just go extreme on you!!!!

Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Stickstar 16

Just a quick point its an "I Quit" match not a "Loser Leaves..." match, so all one person do is to make the other say uncle or "I quit".

I think that this is a good way to potentially end the fued, as i had read that the WWE does not want to have this fued continued for much longer as they want to move Jeff and Matt into other set ups, Jeff probably into the title scene of Smackdown! and hopefully Matt towards the Main event scene on Raw. This is one of the penultimate matches, in the sense that you have to beat the holy hell out of your opponent, so much so, that they are forced to say the words "I Quit", admitting that they have fully been defeated

Full credit to The People's Peep
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 AM

Nav316 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I'm pretty sure Jeff Hardy will win this match because if matt goes 3/3 in their matches together, it'll definitely make jeff hardy look pathetic and not title worthy at all. To even out the score, jeff will win an amazing match. Matt will still look good in the match, maybe having the upper hand for the majority of it... but at the end, jeff will snap n beat the holy hell out of matt with a ladder or hit 1 huge move that forces matt to quit.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 AM
I might just go extreme on you!!!!

Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stickstar 16 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Stickstar 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav316 View Post
but at the end, jeff will snap n beat the holy hell out of matt with a ladder or hit 1 huge move that forces matt to quit.
I really hope not, because that will just mean that all the hardys will ever be is gimmicky spot merchant. i don't care if he uses a chair, a table, a vaccuum cleaner, or even one of his paintings. But they should avoid a ladder match, and why every time there's a gimmick match involving the Hardys do people want to see a ladder involved.

Trust me, this match will be greater the less ladders that come out, because it will have enough spots and great moments from good mat wrestling and some high flying moves, and an announce table will probably get broken, so there will be no need for any ladders to come out.

Full credit to The People's Peep
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I am a Proffesional Raincoat

The Magic Taco sold out
Default Sorry Guys

Edit: Deleted most of my apology post cause I sounded like a pussy.

Anyway, I think the match will end up being awesome and I think both of the Hardys will pull something out of the hat and turn it in to their show.

Last edited by The Magic Taco : 04-24-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Grew some balls
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM

itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...

Sounds like it is gonna be a great match really.Also like someone already noted an "I quit" match is pretty much a submission match.The two guys inflict a load of pain on each other until one cant take it anymore and says "I quit".Doesn't mean if Jeff or Matt lose they are gone.Just a heads up.I could see Matt as the favorite as he has more mat skill's it seems but i really don't see them letting this feud end without a win for Jeff.I hope they both put on an awesome match regardless who wins.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 07:55 AM
One Man Rock Band

Big Daddy Fool is looking to come up from OCW...Big Daddy Fool is looking to come up from OCW...Big Daddy Fool is looking to come up from OCW...

As said by Stick and itbe this isnt a loser leaves WWE match. It is an I Quit match where in order to win you must get your opponent to say I Quit. They've had these before most famous being The Rock vs. Mankind wherethe Rock recorded mankind saying i Quit from a promo and used it in the match cheating to win. One of the more memorable matches in WWE history.

This should be a good pay off match for the feud and the best way to end it. I hope they steal the show like the intended to do at WM but didn't get the time. I'm not a real hardy fan but it should be an interesting match.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

timmy872 is looking to come up from OCW...timmy872 is looking to come up from OCW...timmy872 is looking to come up from OCW...timmy872 is looking to come up from OCW...timmy872 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree that Jeff Hardy really has to win. Matt has beaten him twice. That is enough to get Matt over, the first two won by Matt. Then the penultimate match is won by Jeff to keep him up there in the top tiers. I think it is good that they are making this a 3 match thing. Like Undertaker/Batista. I do hope that this is the last match with the Hardyz against each other, they both need to move on and try and distance themselves from each other. Could one of them even have a name change? Matt wants to distance himself so much from Jeff he changes his last name? Is that out of the question? It would be strange seeing as he has been in WWE for like 15 years as Matt Hardy but it might help him get over as well as Jeff as a Main eventer.
sendpm.gif