WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-10-2017, 03:57 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Thumbs up Impact is Officially a Canadian Company; Will Produce Shows Across Canada

@RevampedWrestle: Jeremy Borash just announced that IMPACT WRESTLING is now a Canadian based company and they will be producing more shows in Canada 🍁 #IMPACTonPOP

You can also watch the video of this announcement here: https://twitter.com/RevampedWrestle/...ased-in-canada

--

This should come as a shock to no one, unless you've been utterly ignorant to the company since Anthem purchased them. This has been a widely speculated announcement for months, given Anthem is based in Toronto.

Of course, there are both pros and cons to this. While leaving Orlando is in and of itself a good thing, it's not without it's downside, given the constant ability to fill their audience with park-goers at Universal Studios who had already paid for entrance to the park. With the company now moving to Canada, they'll actually have to work to earn their live audience, which didn't go over so smoothly for the post-BFG tapings in Ottawa. But this is a great first step toward truly healing/reinventing the incredibly damaged brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:36 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hopefully they stick with one name too. Too many name changes and now since they left Orlando, it hopefully wont have that amusement park feel to it.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:17 PM

Westy1724 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkist View Post
Hopefully they stick with one name too. Too many name changes and now since they left Orlando, it hopefully wont have that amusement park feel to it.
Don't be surprised if they just moved it to Canada's Wonderland in the North Part of Toronto, in all honesty I could see them doing that.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy1724 View Post
Don't be surprised if they just moved it to Canada's Wonderland in the North Part of Toronto, in all honesty I could see them doing that.
The funny thing is, at the rate they are going, i wouldn't be even surprise if they do that for real during the summer. I just finish watching Slammiversary from this past summer and the one thing that hit me as how a company that was able to produce that slammiversary PPV could lose so much momemtum and talent in such a short time. I Look at Slammiversary and i saw stories that were entertaining, Talents that felt like a big deal and a all around well booked show and then i move to the Bound for glory PPV which felt like an glorified indy show with talents that felt all like low mid carders or just plain mid carders. Stories that made no senses, repetition with the ending of the matches and just a plain boring wrestling show.

The IMPACT TV show isn't better, they're so busy making sure that the guys from other promotions and that won't stay pass a certain amount of date get over while the remaining talent that are staying with the company are either release because they can't stay with the company because they are a Canadian company now and will barely put on shows in the u.s. or just get forgotten all together. I can't watch the show anymore because off how boring the show as become. Sadly, they really need to bring in talents that feel like big deals if they want to survive. another thing i would love them to do is either bring in more tag teams or just scrap the entire tag team division all together. I love LAX, they're one of the rare act that i actually love in the company, the Problem is they only have OvE to feud with and these guy are boring to watch and this feud as lasted so long that i feel like it's time to move on and bring more tag teams in the division already.

In the end, i don'T know if Anthem is waiting to hit rock bottom before actually finding a way to make the company feel important, but for now, they make Dixie Carter look like a competent owner compare to how they are doing things now. I hope for their sake that they can turn around the product because that'S what'S hurting the most right now but let'S face it as much as i don'T want to see wrestlers lose their job, for most of the roster, it's won't be as big of a deal if the company closes or not and for the few that actually feel like big stars like Rosemary and Allie, i feel like NXT would pick them up in a heartbeat if IMPACT would close tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:05 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy1724 View Post
That would be terrible but i do not know Anthems business model if they even have one that is. I hope not as they should try to fill venues not be in an amusement park setting.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:48 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkist View Post
That would be terrible but i do not know Anthems business model if they even have one that is. I hope not as they should try to fill venues not be in an amusement park setting.
Their business model is "have action-sports content to show on Fight Network and our digital platforms." So all Impact has to do to meet Anthem's minimum goals (and the SonySix contract) is exist and continue to produce TV shows.

I'm not even sure why Anthem seemed hell-bent on keeping TNA out of Billy Corgan's hands, but they were for some reason.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
Their business model is "have action-sports content to show on Fight Network and our digital platforms." So all Impact has to do to meet Anthem's minimum goals (and the SonySix contract) is exist and continue to produce TV shows.

I'm not even sure why Anthem seemed hell-bent on keeping TNA out of Billy Corgan's hands, but they were for some reason.
Yeah, That'S something that does intrigue me as well since the product was starting to gain momemtum with Corgan in charge of creative and his out of the box ideas made the product more entertaining. Now i fell like we're back in the old southern territory days when i was IMPACT and that's not a good thing. Plus with the revolving door they have with talents right now, i feel like we don't have enough time to get invested in the wrestlers before they leave and we get new ones.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Million Dollar Champion

The big problem with this is that now, they will have to get more Canadian wrestlers because it's going to be harder for American performer or pretty much anybody foreign to come in and work full time for the company since we have stricter boarder laws then in the U.S.

Also while they might get a tax break for doing their tapings in canada, it's not like they have made money off this week's taping. Sure the PPV was sold out but the rest of the tapings we're pretty much free tickets with a really small percentage of fans actually paying to get in. So if this continue to be the trend, they might go bankrupt pretty quickly and this might affect even more their others venture like The Fight Network and game TV.

In the end, i wish them all the best because they still have a couple of great talent on the roster and i don't want them to lose their job over this risk that they are taking right now but in this rate with what they are doing right now, i feel that this might be their last chance to be relevant. It's do or die for IMPACT right now, if they don't succeed their done.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:00 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Also while they might get a tax break for doing their tapings in canada, it's not like they have made money off this week's taping. Sure the PPV was sold out but the rest of the tapings we're pretty much free tickets with a really small percentage of fans actually paying to get in. So if this continue to be the trend, they might go bankrupt pretty quickly and this might affect even more their others venture like The Fight Network and game TV.
The Indian TV deal with SonySix should be enough to keep the company in existence, if the media reports are accurate.

I have no idea how credible the India Times is or how susceptible they are to being "worked" by shady carnies like pro wrestling promoters. It's possible that the "$60 million" doesn't really turn out to be nearly that much in actual cash money paid to TNA. It could include the dollar (or rupee) value of ads for TNA/Impact on Sony Six and related channels, it definitely includes Sony Six's part of the costs of touring and taping in India once a year. It could also be heavily back-loaded, with a big chunk of the money only payable under unlikely circumstances.

I learned from something looking at the death of WCW that the $80-100M Fusient deal was mostly smoke and mirrors--money only payable to Time Warner if WCW increased in value to be comparable to WWF, dollar values placed on TNT/TBS ad space for other programming. Also Fusient assuming various debts connected to WCW.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
The Indian TV deal with SonySix should be enough to keep the company in existence, if the media reports are accurate.

I have no idea how credible the India Times is or how susceptible they are to being "worked" by shady carnies like pro wrestling promoters. It's possible that the "$60 million" doesn't really turn out to be nearly that much in actual cash money paid to TNA. It could include the dollar (or rupee) value of ads for TNA/Impact on Sony Six and related channels, it definitely includes Sony Six's part of the costs of touring and taping in India once a year. It could also be heavily back-loaded, with a big chunk of the money only payable under unlikely circumstances.

I learned from something looking at the death of WCW that the $80-100M Fusient deal was mostly smoke and mirrors--money only payable to Time Warner if WCW increased in value to be comparable to WWF, dollar values placed on TNT/TBS ad space for other programming. Also Fusient assuming various debts connected to WCW.
But you look at where anthem as a company is right now, they had to do cut back at the fight network just so they could pay for this week's tv tapings. The fact they cancelled Live audio wrestling and fired everybody that was involved in the show is a sign that anthem is in major financial problems right now. I'm not saying that this will be a failure but right now they need some sort of profit to turn up those tours quickly because they are out of money and it's affecting other property of anthem. They might had the some sort of deal with India, but that money is long gone right now and they can't continue doing 100 paying guest per tapings.