WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: How close is Miz to legendary status? And when will he reach it?
He already is in my opinion 8 32.00%
One mega moment away 7 28.00%
Never, Not everyone goes on to become legends, Same applies for Miz. 6 24.00%
He's got a longgg way to go 1 4.00%
Give him a few more years. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2017, 12:48 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default At what point does Miz get labeled "one of the greats."

Miz is a guy who debuted in WWE twelve years ago. In his twelve years, he has one every male title in the company with the exception of World Heavyweight (mainly because he was on Raw at the time), ECW, and Universal (yet) Championships.

Miz started off hated with a lot of heat backstage that's no secret. However, over the years Miz has earned a lot of respect and has become one of the most respected vets in the locker room because of his work ethic. The man never complains, he just goes out there and does it. On the current roster, there's nobody that works harder and is more loyal to the company except maybe John Cena.

Last October, Miz and Dolph Ziggler engaged in a main event level storyline over the Intercontinental Championship and brought the prestige up. Over the last 5 years, nobody has done more for that title than them two. Truth is, Miz has made the title the most prestigious it has been since the infamous Attitude Era.

Miz has had a legendary career, no doubt but at what point does he deserve the right to be called a "WWE Legend?" Back in 2012, Mick Foley told CM Punk he was "One moment away from becoming a legend." Question is, How far off is Miz?

I know there's a lot of people who feel you have to be a 6+ time World Champ to even be considered near that category for whatever reason, but Miz has left his mark as one of the greatest heels and IC Champs (if not the greatest) ever.
WCWF TAG TEAM- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
KING OF THE RING
- SAMOA JOE
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I guess that depends on what you mean by "one of the greats" as there can be different definitions. Now when you hear that phrase, I think it's natural that most people automatically start thinking of wrestlers who were/are long term, main event guys and Miz doesn't fall into that category. Miz has had 1 reign as WWE Champion that ended on May 11, 2011 after 160 days as champ, a reign that I personally enjoyed but Miz was crucified at the time by internet fans and dirt sheet writers who constantly bitched that Miz cheated to retain the title, yet these same fans and writers would give someone like Bobby Roode a pass and rave about his 1st World Championship run in TNA despite almost always cheating to retain; they said it made Miz look weak but they didn't say that about Roode as Roode was one of "their guys" and Miz wasn't. In this day and age, 1 World Championship run usually isn't enough to rank you among "one of the greats" as the days of major pro wrestling companies having year+ long reigns are gone; an exception can be found in All Japan, New Japan and a few Mexican promotions but titles matches aren't nearly as frequent as they are here. After all, it's generally easier to have a longer run as champion when the champion doesn't defend his/her title for often 3 or 4 months at a time, sometimes even longer.

However, Miz has to be looked at as "one of the greats" as it pertains to mid-card wrestlers. It's unfortunate that modern fans look at someone who's career has mainly been a mid-carder as someone who has the plague. Guys like Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Ricky Steamboat spent all or virtually all of their careers wrestling as mid-card/tag team guys, but you're liable to get chewed out by many if you don't refer to Steamboat in particular as "one of the greats." Miz had a memorable run as WWE Champion, 2 runs as United States Champion, is currently on his 7th run as Intercontinental Champion and is a 6 time Tag Team Champion; before his career is ultimately finished, I expect he'll beat Chris Jericho's record and will have held the IC title for a total of at least 10 times.

You can have a great and rewarding career as a mid-card wrestler and Miz is proof of that. He's someone that's worked really hard and has only within the last 18 months or so really begun to be recognized for that hard work. While he may never be in the upper echelon of guys who're viewed as THE overall greats, he has to be looked at as one of the most prolific mid-card guys in the history of WWE.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 09-21-2017, 02:12 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

He will never be viewed as a legend because of this stigma that exists around Miz that he is awful and you arenít supposed to like him. For reasons true and untrue, itís just a thing that you canít like Miz because he isnít an indy darling and doesnít do the flippies and was always a much better talker than in ring worker (though his ring work isnít bad). He is basically everything people criticize WWE development for.

Without a doubt though he is one of the best WWE products ever and I want to see him break Jerichoís IC title record because Miz has done more for that belt since the brand split than Jericho ever did.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn't class him as one of the greats as I don't believe his in ring work is at the top level.

To be one of the greats, in my opinion, you need to be getting top marks in every category. He is great on the mic, probably top 5 I've ever heard, he is great during his matches as the heel, no matter how he wins, he does it brilliantly, but I can't buy into his offence.

The Daniel Bryan kicks he does look weak, his clothesline where he jumps his legs through the ropes doesn't have enough impact, I think the SCF lacks impact (when he does it, he drops quite slow compared to the force of a Zig Zag, RKO, Pop Up Powerbomb or Dirty Deeds as examples). I can't think of a high impact move he does that I look at thinking it could hurt. Even his backbreaker/neckbreaker combo doesn't come off very forceful.

Until he puts that aggressive edge into his offence, I don't think I would consider him one of the 'Greats' but in 9/10 categories he is there. Just a little bit to go and I think he could be top Heel in the company for a long time
Old 09-21-2017, 05:25 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff View Post
I wouldn't class him as one of the greats as I don't believe his in ring work is at the top level.
Hulk Hogan says hi.

Of course Miz is in of the greats. Look at his C.V. I'd put him on that 3rd tier level with guys like Booker T and Jeff Hardy, just below guys like Jericho and Edge. If he can get one career defining main event level feud in there and have a legendary match he can jump up.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:35 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel that while I would never put the miz in the same category as a ric flair, hulk, hogan, sting or even stone cold steve austin. I have to say that he's been one of the great midcard talent on the roster.

He proved that you don't need to be a main event talent to make your mark in the wwe and his exploit prove it.

In my opinion he might never be one of the greats like all thoses guy I mentions at the beginning of my post, but he still will be recognize the same way as guys like duggan, dibiase, boss man and the godfather, just to name a few, has one of the gret midcarders in wwe history.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Never. Longevity doesn't equate to greatness. It never will for The Miz. He's found a good mid level role for himself and he's rode it out for longer than expected.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:46 AM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Miz can already be classified that way.

He'll never be one of the GREATEST, but can safely be considered one of the greats.

Miz is doing fantastic mid-card heel work right now, making the IC title important again. Some of the best mid-card work we've seen in a long time. Miz at the top of the card was an unmitigated disaster, especially since it was just fodder for Rock/Cena.

But he survived that, has remade himself (yes, even though he's the same basically) and is turning in very consistent, very quality work on the mic and in the ring.

I think Miz's stock would be even higher if WWE had properly paid off the Miz/Sandow angle, but that's irrelevant now.

I think Miz is doing great. And I hate the Miz.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:35 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Hall of Fame material- Sure, worst wrestlers with worst accomplishments then Miz made it there

One of the greats- never. When you mention names like Hogan, Flair, StoneCold, The Rock, Cena you will never mention "that reality TV guy that was sorta OK heel US Champ".
Old 09-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Miz is a top heel and he's a natural at getting heat. I don't get why Roddy Piper or Honky Tonk Man can be considered some of the greats but Miz can't. He's been keeping the IC title alive for some years now, he's been elevating talent anywhere he could, he has a WM main event under his name and a MITB win.

He could easily have been the WWE Champion on Smackdown after such a hot year and Jinder would easily have been the IC champ on RAW. A victory over Cena at Wrestlemania and then goes on to beat Orton at Backlash, Miz would have been hot bananas by now.

He is one of the greats. He should be around top 50 or top 40 of the greatest ever. And if you think of all the names wrestling has seen, top 40 is a great spot. Rock, Austin, Cena, Flair, Hogan, Andre, Brunno, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Edge, Orton, Batista, Savage, Warrior, Sting, Goldberg, Rey, Nash, Hall, Jericho, Foley, Angle, Piper, Steamboat, Big Show, Kane, Punk, Bryan. The Miz comes after those guys.

But he's definately greater than his fellow classmates, you know, the guys that broke out around 2009-10, the dark class (Sheamus, Swagger, Kofi, Del Rio, Ziggler)