WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-05-2017, 10:51 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Hell In A Cell General Discussion & Reviews

Keep all speculation, fantasy booking, etc. but no spam please.

The WWE Championship match is set between Jinder Mahal and Shinsuke Nakamura, though it's not announced whether the match will be a HIAC match or not.

Based on tonight's show, it seems likely we'll see Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens, quite probably in a HIAC match, and AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin for the United States Championship.

Don't be surprised if we see another hot potato game played with the Tag and Women's Championships due to the matches planned for next week's SmackDown Live resulting in rematches.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hopefully this is the end of Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, one way or another. I praised the decision to make Mahal champion, but I'm personally not enjoying it anymore and I'm desperately waiting for it to come to an end. I don't know if it's his reign or something else, but I feel with Mahal as champion, it really puts a strain on what they can do to make the main event scene on SmackDown thrive, and the show as a whole is disadvantaged by that. Plus it's hard seeing Nakamura beat guys like Cena and Orton for these opportunities, only to lose to Mahal. Enough is enough for me, but that's just one man's opinion.

I'm all for Shane vs. Owens in the Cell. It should be brutal and this is the kind of feud that SHOULD feature in this kind of match. It's gotten bitter and personal very quickly and I like it. I think this is the only Cell match that they need this year. As for Styles vs. Corbin, I can take it or leave it. I'll enjoy it because I enjoy Styles doing anything, but I'm losing it a little with Corbin right now. It's not exactly his fault, but I'm not particularly enjoying his progression. Having said that, a potential title match with AJ Styles is hardly a halt on his push that we are supposedly experiencing right now.

If WWE play their cards right, this could be a very interesting event.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:04 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
Hopefully this is the end of Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, one way or another. I praised the decision to make Mahal champion, but I'm personally not enjoying it anymore and I'm desperately waiting for it to come to an end. I don't know if it's his reign or something else, but I feel with Mahal as champion, it really puts a strain on what they can do to make the main event scene on SmackDown thrive, and the show as a whole is disadvantaged by that.
I was excited to see the belt on someone random, but where it seems the ball was dropped was not in making Mahal a megastar (because...come on). it was the failure to build anything interesting SURROUNDING Mahal and his reign. No cool angles or contenders. Just random mess with Orton, now with Nakamura. If Nakamura wins here, it will be drab and no one will really be invested this feud exceptto see Mahal lose. then what?
Old 09-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnVince View Post
I was excited to see the belt on someone random, but where it seems the ball was dropped was not in making Mahal a megastar (because...come on). it was the failure to build anything interesting SURROUNDING Mahal and his reign. No cool angles or contenders. Just random mess with Orton, now with Nakamura. If Nakamura wins here, it will be drab and no one will really be invested this feud exceptto see Mahal lose. then what?
I agree that to an extent the fault lies in not making anything out of Mahal's reign. It's like they put the title on him and thought that the shock of that would carry his reign. Mahal just doesn't ooze the kind of charisma to keep me entertained when the feud he is in sucks. The Miz is an example of a guy who can carry a mediocre feud by himself and actually create some interesting moments throughout. Mahal, not so. And I'm not saying that he doesn't have it in him, but I don't think we have seen his best. Either way, whatever happens between Mahal and Nakamura, I hope it leads on to more interesting things for the biggest bloody championship title in professional wrestling.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:07 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
I agree that to an extent the fault lies in not making anything out of Mahal's reign. It's like they put the title on him and thought that the shock of that would carry his reign. Mahal just doesn't ooze the kind of charisma to keep me entertained when the feud he is in sucks. The Miz is an example of a guy who can carry a mediocre feud by himself and actually create some interesting moments throughout. Mahal, not so. And I'm not saying that he doesn't have it in him, but I don't think we have seen his best. Either way, whatever happens between Mahal and Nakamura, I hope it leads on to more interesting things for the biggest bloody championship title in professional wrestling.
Agreed. There's no reason a transitional champion's reign can't be interesting or involve some other moving parts. Some of the best angles of all time have involved a number of people and a number of angles revolving around the title. Agree, I want to see more interesting things with this title. But hey, we got to see Khali again. Neat.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Looking forward to this card as it will be the first WWE show at the new Little Caesars Arena that's replacing Joe Louis Arena. Got my ticket so this will be my first ppv event since Night of Champions back in 2013.

As for the show itself I think we will get 2 cell matches. One being the title match between Jinder and Shinsuke and the other being between Owens and Shane. Other than that not too sure what to expect from the card. With the 3 title matches on the next Smackdown I expect the picture to be clearer after that show.

All American Boys
Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fabulous Rougeau's View Post
Looking forward to this card as it will be the first WWE show at the new Little Caesars Arena that's replacing Joe Louis Arena. Got my ticket so this will be my first ppv event since Night of Champions back in 2013.
Hope you have fun or something memorable happens! It's kinda cool to watch things develop on TV or whatever before you go and see it live. I'm pretty sure they'll do Shane versus Owen as a HIAC match as well. Owens is a great fit for the stipulation and Shane has been entertaining in pretty much all of his appearances since his return. Both had a HIAC match in recent memory as well.

I like Jinder and his title run overall has been okay. He's developed a lot over a short time and he has become an established heel with large amounts of organic heat. I have a feeling Nakamura will beat him in their next encounter. Jinder has gotten a rub from Cena and Great Kali as well as defeated Orton, Nakamura, and even won a failed cash in. All he has done is main event level stuff and if they keep him at it I don't think he needs the title. Nakamura has shown he can work great matches with high level opponents, but Jinder being so hated is probably the right guy to help get Nakamura over as champ. Then the build to the next title defense or two could solidify him a bit more.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Gimmick PPVs such as this one are unnecessary. No feud on Smackdown right now is worthy of a Hell in a Cell match. However just because it's that time of the year, they gotta have one, no matter how little heat is on the feuds. It really shows how lazy Creative has gotten in recent years.

With that said, I can't say I'm interested in this PPV. Jinder is just boring. Every match and promo is the same. He needs to drop the title immediately, but I'm not sure Nakamura is ready just yet. I certainly wouldn't mind it though.

The New Day vs. Usos is a good feud and should have another good match, but I don't care. We've seen them wrestle so many times on PPV and TV, so it's really hard to care about this match.

Smackdown has just been really bad since the Shakeup, and this PPV shows. Combine that with repetitive stories, an oversatured product, and an extremely boring world champion, it's no wonder there's such little interest in this PPV. Honestly I'm not even sure I'll watch it.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:29 PM
TheDreamJayEvans

TheAmericanDream is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why Shinsuke Nakamura should have been WWE Champion by now.

I believe that Jinder was at first, a great WWE Champion but after the Singh Brothers constantly interfere in match after match, it gets boring after a while. Here are 5 of MY reasons why Jinder needsto drop the Championship to Nakamura

-Nakamura deserves the Championship.

-Nakamura is a world-renowned Grappler and Striker.

-He is the king of Strong Style.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:09 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Aside from a match for the kickoff show and possibly one more addition to the main card, though maybe not, the card looks to be set and it looks good on paper overall.

WWE Championship - Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin
WWE SD Women's Championship - Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair
WWE SD Tag Team Championship Hell In A Cell - The New Day vs. The Usos
Hell In A Cell - Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens
Singles Match - Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

I'm fine with only 6 matches for the main card, the two HIAC matches should go at least 20 minutes each.

Make no doubt about it, the HIAC match with Shane vs. Owens is the main event of this show and that shows how far the WWE Championship's importance has fallen with Jinder as champion. I'm hoping this means that the experiment is over and the title is taken off Jinder because the guy just flat out sucks and has to be a top contender for being the worst WWE Champion in history.

New Day and the Usos facing off in a HIAC match has all kinds of great potential; they've put on a series of fantastic matches over the past several months and while I could've done without all the rapid fire title changes, the quality of the matches has been top notch.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria