WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Update - GFW Suspends Alberto el Patron Due to Airport Domestic Violence Incident

Quote:
Professional wrestler Jose Alberto Rodriguez, better known as current Global Force Wrestling Champion Alberto El Patron and formerly Alberto Del Rio in WWE, is being investigated for possible domestic violence Sunday at the Orlando International Airport. Citing witnesses who said they saw an argument he escalated, TMZ first reported the investigation today, which it then confirmed with the Orlando Police Department. When reached by Deadspin, Orlando police issued this statement:

Quote:
There was an incident at Orlando International Airport at about 3 p.m. Sunday involving Jose Rodriguez. The reported incident was a domestic violence battery, and it is still under investigation. No arrests have been made as of this time, but the case remains open. That is all the information we have for release at this time.
While not named by police, Rodriguez’s fiance is Saraya-Jade Bevis, best known as Paige, a WWE-contracted wrestler. The two have been a couple since at least May 2016, when they went public with their relationship. Alberto’s then-wife, Angela Velkei, has claimed in divorce papers that she and her husband broke up two weeks later. The couple has been engaged since last fall, though Paige’s father, Roy “Ricky Knight” Bevis, has been very public about not approving of the relationship.

Paige tweeted the following after TMZ report:

@RealPaigeWWE: WE got the cops involved. I'm crying cuz I found out bad fam news & a lady tries take a pic. She gets angry throws a drink on @PrideOfMexico
Quote:
Hours after its first report, TMZ posted audio it said it got from a wrestling fan who recognized the couple at the airport and recorded what happened. In the audio, a distraught Paige is repeatedly heard telling Alberto to stay away from her and “stay out of my life” while he threatens to call the police. At one point, she adds “Press charges! It gets me the fuck away from you!”
https://deadspin.com/wrestler-albert...ium=socialflow

--

GFW did release a statement to on this earlier today:

Quote:
A rep for GFW tells us, “Global Force Wrestling takes all legal situations very seriously and is looking into this matter. GFW is a privately-held company and will thoroughly investigate this incident and fully cooperate with law enforcement.”
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/alb.../#.WWQlBNPytZ0

--

The real kicker with this is that Patron just won both the Impact and GFW titles to unify the World Championship and just participated in effectively the next two months' worth of tapings. According to PWS, it's unclear if they'll even use the footage now. That's an insane hole that they're simply not going to be able to effectively work around. This is immeasurably worse than the last time they had a somewhat similar problem (content-wise) with the whole Hernandez can't be seen because he's under contract and didn't tell them debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

If this is true: Fire him. Simple as that. Fire him and never give him another job in wrestling ever again if this is the case. WWE ain't gonna want him back after everything he's said about them and i'm doubting other companies will want to associate themselves with a domestic abuser.

So yeah, if it's found that he's been abusing Paige; bury him, fire him, don't care what you do to him; make sure he never works for the company again.

#TheNuclearWinterWillBeUnleashed

Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Creator of War Zone
Old 07-10-2017, 08:25 PM
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

If he actually assaulted her, they have no choice but to, which is a real shame given the work he's put in thus far. It really appeared like he and Impact were a match for the immediate future, but there's no excusing that behavior.

But, seriously, holy shit is that a massive hole in the storyline they're going to seriously struggle to fill.

Quote:
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
If he actually assaulted her, they have no choice but to, which is a real shame given the work he's put in thus far. It really appeared like he and Impact were a match for the immediate future, but there's no excusing that behavior.

But, seriously, holy shit is that a massive hole in the storyline they're going to seriously struggle to fill.
I think a certain Real American could easily fill his place if they so wish...*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

#TheNuclearWinterWillBeUnleashed

Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Creator of War Zone
Old 07-10-2017, 08:40 PM
WWE Champion

If they were a live weekly-recorded program, maybe. But they've already taped well in advance, upward of two months worth of content. There's no glossing over that with ease.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sucks. Maybe Patron was on too much Petrone and Coke and I don't mean Coca Cola. Seriously, this guy is a walking Bad News Moron who thinks he owns the world. Sure he showed up in Lucha, RoH, and now GFWhatever their name is, and yeah, it got to his head, perro. So, maybe they fill in a big hole like WWE does for the Triple H/Shawn Micheals (Benoit) match at Wrestlemanina. Okay, won't work but still, this just sucks for GFW. They need good news and news that would want to make guys leave the WWE on their own accord to want to work there. But hey, they should have known what they were getting their hands into. However, he is still innocent until proven guilty.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

When I first heard the story today I thought it was just another bullshit excuse to keep their names in the papers, but apparently not.

It's still unclear what really happened as it's still being investigated, but according to the police there are witnesses to the situation and we'll find out soon enough what happened. What he doesn't have going for him is this isn't the first time he's been accused of some kind of violence towards someone else, outside of the ring. Wasn't there an incident in Europe a few months ago when he and his brother got into it. I remember vaguely about a fight and walls being covered in blood. Then we can't forget about his highly publicized slapfest of a WWE employee. There are most likely more but can't remember them.

I don't like men that hit or abuse women, nor do I like women that hit or abuse men, there is just no need for it. If a relationship has gotten to the point where violence is involved then it's time to get out. Unfortunately for this pair though, neither one of them seem to have a brain between them.

Paige lives her life on the edge, I really don't believe she is capable of making a good decision. He is just nuts and lives in the past. Always going on about how horrible the WWE is and was to him. Who cares, he isn't there anymore, turn the page (no pun intended) and get on with your life.

I hope for her sake if he did abuse her in some manner, she has the smarts to leave the guy and never look back. He needs help and to be truthful she does as well.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:58 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I read all about this today and if he genuinely did put his hands on her, then he needs to be fired no ifs, ands or buts about it. I listened to the audio and it's definitely Paige and it has me wondering if they're both in a mutually abusive sort of relationship. Then again, parts of the audio has me wondering if Del Rio could be this smothering control freak who wants Paige under his thumb 24/7.

At the same time, it's hard for me to have a lot of sympathy for GFW because Del Rio/Patron has been acting pretty damned unstable for quite some time long before he started working regularly for GFW. He goes on these drunken rants about WWE or just suddenly starts shooting on WWE for no particular reason. He'll sometimes just threaten people who work for WWE just to be doing it, he's gotten into lots of altercations involving family members or even people he works with, etc. If I'm not mistaken, I read something where he did start to shoot on WWE in the middle of something GFW were doing and they turned his music up so loud that fans couldn't hear him, yet he still kept screaming at the top of his lungs to try and be heard?

So yeah, it's a lousy break for GFW but maybe it'll teach them not to do business with and put so much focus on unstable fuck ups.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-11-2017, 05:23 AM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
https://deadspin.com/wrestler-albert...ium=socialflow

--

GFW did release a statement to on this earlier today:

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/alb.../#.WWQlBNPytZ0

--

The real kicker with this is that Patron just won both the Impact and GFW titles to unify the World Championship and just participated in effectively the next two months' worth of tapings. According to PWS, it's unclear if they'll even use the footage now. That's an insane hole that they're simply not going to be able to effectively work around. This is immeasurably worse than the last time they had a somewhat similar problem (content-wise) with the whole Hernandez can't be seen because he's under contract and didn't tell them debacle.

I don't see the problem.

I mean, I abhor domestic violence, but WWE didn't seem to have a dilemma in pushing a known wife-beater like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as their main guy, and use his image everywhere, despite allegations from Jeannie Adams, Debra and another girlfriend that he was violent towards all of them, and plead guilty to the Debra incident.

The fans didn't seem bothered by it either, given their pops when Austin gave Stacy Keibler a "Stone Cold Stunner" three weeks after he plead guilty to hitting Debra.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:35 PM
WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I don't see the problem.

I mean, I abhor domestic violence, but WWE didn't seem to have a dilemma in pushing a known wife-beater like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as their main guy, and use his image everywhere, despite allegations from Jeannie Adams, Debra and another girlfriend that he was violent towards all of them, and plead guilty to the Debra incident.

The fans didn't seem bothered by it either, given their pops when Austin gave Stacy Keibler a "Stone Cold Stunner" three weeks after he plead guilty to hitting Debra.
A. You're talking about an incident or series of incidents that occurred fifteen years ago.

B. He plead no contest, not guilty. They are not the same thing. Pleading no contest doesn't admit guilt, it simply accepts punishment.

C. TNA/GFW have already set a recent standard that I would imagine they would stand by regarding a type of zero tolerance policy on domestic abuse (that I'd imagine also extends to things like child abuse). When Bram was initially arrested after an incident with his girlfriend in which he was accused of "domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment", he was quickly suspended [indefinitely] by then TNA. Once the charges were dropped, he was reinstated, but they made their position quite clear.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Perhaps you might want to argue that they're under new management now, and you'd be factually correct to do so, but I'm not so sure the Anthem-Jarrett-lead GFW rendition is going to treat this with kids gloves, or any level of willful ignorance for the sake of their television product given how quickly they responded to the initial reports citing an internal investigation immediately being launched.

The only thing also worth noting here is that despite being suspended, because TNA was in the same position they are now, having already taped well in advance, they actually continued to air pre-taped matches featuring Bram during his suspension. They were also chastised for doing so, so I'm not sure what the answer is here.

Quote: