WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default Old School Raw Returns Next Week

It was announced on Raw last night that next week's show will be an Old School Raw. There's only been one of them and it was a lot of fun. I don't go totally whacky for nostalgia like some but WWE did a great job on the first Old School Raw. They had a good number of legends on the show, including some that we don't see a lot. They treated the legends with respect and I'm hoping we'll get a similar show next week coupled with more strong build to WrestleMania.

Is anybody else kinda sorta hoping that Bruno Sammartino might make an appearance on Raw next week? Old School Raw will be in Brooklyn, New York and Sammartino was a god in the New York area.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM
My nipples hurt.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

I make it no secret that I am a product of Old School wrestling. Whenever I see the "block" symbol of the WWF and hear that Prime Time Wrestling music, I instantly become nostalgic. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about next week.

While I don't think they'll be able to top Old School night from last year, I still think I'll have a smile on my face when it's all over. Let the speculation begin... who's gonna show up???

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Personal friend of Rosebud Rabbit
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Is anybody else kinda sorta hoping that Bruno Sammartino might make an appearance on Raw next week? Old School Raw will be in Brooklyn, New York and Sammartino was a god in the New York area.
Wouldn't be surprised if the reintroduction of Bruno was the main reason for staging another Old School Raw in the first place. I can't see him making his first appearance in 25 years at the Hall of Fame induction. In fact, it might serve the company well to have him show up a few times before Wrestlemania since tons of folks have no idea who he is. The extended promo we were treated to when his induction was announced was a terrific way to let the younger generation know who he was and why they should care about him. A few looks at him on TV in the coming month should stimulate interest even more.

My guess for next week? 3MB taunts him and one of them (Drew!) gets a shot in the head for their disrespect.

Of course, for WM itself, CM Punk has no opponent yet.

Maybe....................................nah.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
King of the Ring

THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well my Sig will kinda indicate that I like this... not so sure that it's the right way to bring Bruno to screen, but it's certainly a good way for Backlund to be reintroduced as Mr. Backlund - maybe a debate with Zeb and Swagger on Piper's Pit?

I think we will also get another "old school" HOF tag team announced as there hasn't been one for this year yet. Demoliton would make a lot of sense, British Bulldogs would be my pick but I can see it being The Freebirds as they're forever harping on about Michael Hayes not being in the HOF on Roundtable - I say leave the pseudo-racist out... but I'm guessing they're not gonna want to fly Dynamite over... Maybe Money Inc might get in so they can have Bo Dallas induct.

Also the the "dead wrestler" spot. I'd say it needs to be Rick Rude, sadly they can't put Pillman in the same time as Bruno cos they are the polar opposites. If they are going for a "live" guy then I'd settle for Rick Martel.

But how amazing would be be for Jake to appear, be it HOF or just on the show... if he is doing as well as it seems with DDP - it might give Hall the motivation to stick with it if Jake can get back to the show.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 02-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM
ROH Pure Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Who is going to show up? Hmmm, you can always rely on WWE to wheel out Hacksaw, Slaughter, Dibiase, Piper and Dusty Rhodes in situations like this. They seem to have a penchant for the miserable Bret Hart at the moment as well....but maybe he has just burnt his bridges.

I definately see Undertaker returning. No bigger legend in the business so makes perfect sense we get a 'blast from the past' on Old Skool.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
ROH Pure Champion

King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't care who shows up, I just want to see a lot of Old School Wrestlers. For the Main Event, I would like to see Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund vs. Mick Foley and the next 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee. Now, who that mystery partner is anybody’s guess. I’m thinking a Rock and Sock Connection reunion with the WWE Champion.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

As enjoyable as this show will be, why would you have it during the lead up to Mania? It just doesn't make any sense to me. There doesn't need to be an old school Raw at the moment. I'd be more inclined to save it for the post-Mania months.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
As enjoyable as this show will be, why would you have it during the lead up to Mania? It just doesn't make any sense to me. There doesn't need to be an old school Raw at the moment. I'd be more inclined to save it for the post-Mania months.
Agreed but I wouldn't be surprised if it's being done mainly to get Bruno involved, maybe with the Lesnar/HHH angle as I imagine it's the type he'd approve of.

I just hope they do a Piper's Pit with Punk, that would be great and when Punk inevitably attacks Piper the gong hits and the build up for Taker vs Punk can begin.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM

cole phelps is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I have even less reason to watch now. I mean lets face it. They'll just get the same old legends we see once a month anyway. Who really cares ?

I agree they should go all out with it and do it post mania. Make it a huge deal and event. I just think it's a waste doing it on rtwm
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
ROH Pure Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
To entice the audience who returns for 'old skool Raw' into paying for Mania. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw the seeds planted for an old skool vs current at this years Mania.

The match Jericho had with Steamboat etc a few years ago was brilliant.
sendpm.gif