WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Brock Lesnar/The Lion's Den Match

WWE should bring back the Lion's Den match and have guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Undertaker face Brock Lesnar. It would fit with Brock Lesnar's MMA gimmick, similar to Ken Shamrock's gimmick back in the Attitude Era.

Agree? Disagree?

Last edited by ProWrestlingFan : 11-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Best for (the Music) Business
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...

It would be interesting and fun to see, but no dice. Brock Lesnar's not there enough to work substantial programs with those gentlemen, much less have a gimmick match that we would barely see. I like the idea, and it would fit with Brock's MMA shoot style of fighting that he uses now, but if he's not going to be there to bring attention to the match, then don't bother. Maybe if he resigns after Wrestlemania and has a contract with more obliged dates to appears, but not now, at least. Besides, I kinda like Lesnar bringing his UFC style of fighting to the ring (ex. how he didn't really wrestle during his matches with Cena and Triple H, despite them being wrestling matches).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
With all due respect, I think you are probably a little bit insane.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM

suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel like now that MMA and UFC has so much more light in the sun then it did back in the day, i doubt WWE would ever consider putting that style set up in their ring.

The idea of it though, seems okay but I'm not too thrilled of the idea. I feel like if they did that, Brock would HAVE to win every match because if not then you make it look like he sucks at MMA and personally to him I don't think he would like that very much lol
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I could buy the Undertaker as a lions den match opponent, but Brock facing much smaller guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk in that type of match would kind of be ridiculous. Brock was a UFC heavyweight champion, I dont see how they could make it believable without Brock just ripping those two apart.

Now that the UFC is very popular I dont think they ever have lions den match anymore. It would be perceived by a lot of people as a desperate move by the WWE and they are trying to rip off the UFC.

Personally, I liked to see Brock get back to working more of a pro wrestling style match. It was great with Cena because Brock treated him like a punching bag and it was different, but that style got boring against Triple H.

Last edited by XXJJ : 11-18-2012 at 02:18 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Future Endeavored

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

The problem with putting Brock in a lion's den match is that he'd take up the entire space. That cage wasn't very big, and Lesnar and anyone who would even seem realistic against him would not be able to move around. So, in short, no.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 PM

Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...

It would be intresting to see Brock Lesnar challenge Undertaker to a Lion's Den match at WrestleMania. You could bill it like for the first time, Undertaker doesn't have home court at WM.

I like your idea, but as already said he isn't there enough. A one time deal would work though.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
The Hippest Cat In The Land
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

Does nobody get that the Lions Den match is Ken Shamrock's deal and his deal only? The match is named after his training facility, so it wouldn't make any sense to bring it back for Brock Lesnar or anybody else. Secondly, the Lions Den matches were pointless, uninteresting and a waste of time. There's nothing that can be done in a Lions Den match that can't be done in a regular Steel Cage match. Plus seeing them trying to mimmick an MMA match would just be plain embrassing, does anybody remember the last few times TNA tried? WWE fans won't care nor do I think they even watch MMA, and MMA fans certainly wouldn't be happy about it.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Future Endeavored

Artemis Paradox is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Artemis Paradox

I'd like to see a Lesnar Lion's Den match, but it has to be with someone like Taker. It would be a great match for them to have at WM29. Other than this and a few other super heavyweights to take on Brock, though, I don't see this nor do I WANT to see this happen.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn’t want to see any match where it would look more legit with a mma style. He is far from the badest man in or was in mma. Of course media and Dana White will say so but ask other fights and his old training team. Brock is sorry. He left the wrestling cause it was too hard, he didn’t make it in football cause he wasn’t any good not even in Canada. And in mma he won 1 match lost 1 match and then won 1 match and got a title fight. And well got the shit beat out of him the rest of his career. If wrestling fans want to see him let him do it in the ring.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Nooo. much happier seeing him wrestle to the best of his ability. Trying to do "MMA" as a work would just limit the big man and ruin my enjoyment.