View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Stay in school and don't litter.
Knockout Champion

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
1) Who is the accused?[/b] Case in point - Madeline McCann

[/center]

Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of Thursday, 3 May 2007, while on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Algarve region of Portugal. However there were quite a few people accused of the kidnapping:
  • Jennifer Murat
  • Robert Murat
  • Sergey Malinka
  • Gerry McCann (her father)
  • Kate McCann (her mother)
  • Urs Hans Von Aesch
  • Raymond Hewlett

Well that's all good and proper when you look at WHO made the accusations...
  • Witnesses
  • Portuguese Investigators
  • Private Investigates hired by the McCanns
  • Portuguese media
  • British media

How unrealistic is to get those five groups to split the bill? It's an obvious VERY answer.
Ok, Yes there were many accused in this case, and all of them couldn't have done it. However, to this day, there has still been nobody arrested. Therefore, the case is not over, which means that the investigation is over, which means that this case has no DIRECT relation to our topic.

Quote:

2) What if the accuser lost a loved one? What if the investigation was wrong? Case in Point OJ Simpson

I don't need to tell you the ins and outs of the OJ Simpson trial, but essentially this: After a nine month trial and a lot of media attention, OJ Simpson was found INNOCENT of the crime. Now 90% of people can look at the evidence and say hey hang on, it's obvious he did it. So you have someone legally found innocent, falsley accused as it were. Then you have a grieving family who has just seen a bullshit decision made and their daughter/son dead and on top of that they'd have to pay for one of the most expensive trials in all of history. Sucks to be them!
[center][b]
However, he is in jail right now, he WAS found guilty. He was never falsely accused, He just kept getting lucky, good lawyers, and a good jury are the reason for that. Therefore, there was no false accusation in this case. Next Point?

Quote:
I accuse Thunder Dave of stealing my car, Thunder Dave can only hire a shitty lawyer, he's found guilty and no charges to me! wooo.

I accuse Phoenix of the same crime, luckily Phoenix's Dad has a few people who 'owe him favours' and he gets found innocent.
-Alright, but in today's society, it would eventually be figured out that the lawyers were being biased and you would have won the case. Plus, in what world has that EVER happened?

Quote:
Phoenix though DID do the crime but because he hired a MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE lawyer he got off with it. This in turn is leading me to cough up a lot of expenses here that were ultimately not needed.

As I said, eventually Private Investigators would have found the lawyers he hired as being biased, and they would end up going to jail. That means you would keep your money.

Quote:
Simply put if falsley accused were to have their court costs paid for them by the accuser, then surely there should be a fixed level that this can get to? Then if that's the case some lawyers would refuse to defend under this law (as they'd get a huge pay cut) and in turn make it quite messy as a whole.
You wouldn't have to pay until the investigation is definitely finished, meaning no more second thoughts on anyone's part, no more chances of another court date. Just simply put, Finished. By that time, I would think that the accused would be found guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Stinger, You're a great poster, fantastic sig maker, and a great dude on top of it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote