View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 06:50 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

1) Tag Team Turmoil
Owen Hart and The British Bulldog (1996) vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho (2001) vs. The Steiner Brothers (1997) vs. The Eliminators (1995) vs. Edge & Christian (2000) vs. The Hardy Boyz (2000) vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu (1998) vs AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels (2006)

I wasn't sure about the number of teams I should include, I checked Summerslam 1999's card and they had 6 teams competing in the Tag Team Turmoil on that card and I also checked Judgment Day 2001's card and they had 7 teams competing on that card's Turmoil, so I added one more and have 8 teams in my Turmoil. Lots of interesting matchups we could see here in this Turmoil and I like the mix of styles in this with technical, aerial, powerhouse and submission wrestlers. Could even get hardcore in parts of the match with RVD/Sabu, E&C and The Hardy Boyz.

2) Bret Hart (1992) vs. Kurt Angle (2000)

Most people would prefer to see them face each other as main eventers but I have them facing each other in their mid-card periods, so I could lump as much as mid-card matches as I can into this dream card. There's only 2 I have, 3 maybe if you count DX vs. NWO later on as a mid-card level match. The only reason I don't have DX vs. NWO going on early with these first two matches is because it's best to spread out the Tag Team Turmoil and War Games. There's 3 singles matches inbetween the two and 3 after War Games. As for the periods I picked for Bret and Kurt, I picked the years where they spent the majority of those years as mid-carders but won their first WWF Title and became main eventers by the end of the year.

3) Sting (1990) vs. The Ultimate Warrior (1990)

The Blade Runners explode. Two of the most explosive energetic charismatic stars clashing in a battle between former tag team partners who went their separate ways, carved their own paths, hit stardom and became world champions in rival companies in the same year.

4) The Rock (2000) vs. Ric Flair (1986)

Two of the greatest mic-talkers and charismatic guys in the business, the promos would be off the chart and I think there would be good storytelling in this. I also like the idea of 2000 Rock trying to fight off The Four Horsemen like he did The McMahon-Helmsley Regime except The Four Horsemen are a much bigger threat.

5) War Games
D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Triple H, X-Pac and The New Age Outlaws) (1998) vs. NWO (Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Randy Savage, Konnan and Buff Bagwell) (1997)

I hope it's okay that I cheat here a little as Michaels wasn't part of the group when the Triple H/Pac/Outlaws version happened although Michaels was leader in 98 before retiring, him and Triple H did have an alliance with The Outlaws in February, so even if HBK hadn't retired and remained the leader, I still believe Pac and The Outlaws would've joined DX after Wrestlemania 14 anyway. I just wanted to lump as much as talent as I could in this match by making it 5-on-5 instead of 4-on-4. I could've included main event names like Lex Luger and The Giant in the NWO instead but Luger joined NWO Elite in 1999 and there needs to be some mid-card names in there to counter The New Age Outlaws, so that's why I put in Konnan and Buff. As for Savage who I have countering X-Pac, although Pac is a mid-carder and Savage a main eventer, Pac was popular with the WWF fans in 1998 and even got a WWF Title shot against Rock at Capital Carnage that year, so I think that's enough for Pac to hang with Savage. And when it comes to the workrate part of the match, Pac and Savage are the best wrestlers of both teams, so you can rely on them to put on some good wrestling. I would have the NWO emerge as the winners here due to X-Pac/Syxx turning on DX and rejoining the better faction, the NWO.

6) The Undertaker (2007) vs. Bill Goldberg (1998)

The Deadman vs. Da Man, 21-0 at Wrestlemania vs. 173-0. A clash of two Phenom's and the WWF/WCW's most loyal stars. I have 2007 Undertaker facing Goldberg here as this was when Undertaker stepped up his in-ring game and was putting on good matches with another powerhouse star, Batista.

7) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman (2015) vs. Andre The Giant w/ Bobby Heenan (1987)

A larger than life clash, Godzilla vs. King Kong. I would've gone with an earlier healthier and mobile Andre The Giant but then that would mean no Bobby Heenan and I want to have two of the greatest managers at ringside as they would really add to the match and I'd to love see the interactions between the two. I have 2015 Lesnar in the match as he was bordering the line between babyface and heel that year, I didn't want a fully fledged heel vs. heel match here.

8) Stone Cold Steve Austin (1999) vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan (1997)

I went with Hollywood instead of Hulk as I want a clear face and clear heel in this match and I was always more a fan of Hollywood than Hulk and my favourite characters are cool badass edgy types, so I wanted a cool badass larger than life main event here even if that means no Wrestlemania X8 like crowd reaction. But then again Hogan was competing as Hollywood at WM X8, so we still might get the same crowd reaction here.

There are more names I would love to include on my card and if I could've spread out some of these guys on the card I would've but being limited to 8 matches made that hard. But I did like the challenge though, so this was fun.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote