View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Sounds like folks in the media are getting more and more death threats. So while you are not going to hurt anyone over the Trump video, you have some functioning brain cells, many Americans do not (i.e. pizzagate dude, baseball practice shooter, anyone who goes to Infowars).

Victims of cyberbullying best defense is taking away the anonymity of the bullies. At some point the victims have to fight back to slow things down.

Now leave me alone so I can go tell Y2JRKOSweetChin to kill himself.
NO! You know what GSB? I won't leave you alone. You're too interesting and clever to ignore. You're like a real life Rick Sanchez.

I agree that it sucks to get death threats, and that it's not crazy for someone to do something that might mitigate the desire of a social media lunatic to threaten to kill them.

I don't know that CNN had received death threats as a direct result of the video or -- if they have -- if their reaction did anything to make the lunatics calm down. I'm only about 99.99% sure that CNN got their apology by dangling the threat of revealing the guy's identity over his head, which I think obviously would have resulted in threats made to his life (and if not, would have likely ruined whatever professional reputation he's earned).

While I'll admit that by questioning the validity of the apology, I'm therefore of the opinion that the guy doesn't care one iota if CNN received death threats as a result of the video, I don't think that putting him in a position to fear for his reputation and/or safety was the right thing to do.

I get it if you're just one person who's having his or her head plastered onto Vince's body as a means of depicting you being assaulted by Donald Trump, but this is CNN. I don't think that the video, in either case, would serve to rile up enough hatred to inspire someone to go nutso with a firearm. I think that it was a laugh at CNN's expense, and that CNN figured that they could furrow their brows with fake worry and confuse us into thinking that it was meant to justify violence toward journalists.

Infowars is crossing the line I draw by depicting figures with the CNN logo being murdered, and I'm pretty sure that if HanAssholeSolo was filled with as much hatred he wouldn't have limited his effort to just using a clip from WrestleMania 23. To my knowledge, HanAssholeSolo isn't affiliated with Infowars.