View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:12 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Smackdown really on a negative side of Wrestlemania for having good to even great booking on a consistent week by week basis. The Womens Division is more solid in booking at least in comparison to RAW, and they kind of just throw every single one of them into a match that could of had a better combination as a 1 on 1 or even Triple threat. Mojo, Crews, Hawkins, etc are all mid card to Jobber, but they literally all got thrown into the Andre mess. Dean has great matches weeks on end as the initial champion (Especially with Styles). Everyone is well aware of Styles and Cena and what they are capable of on seemingly any occasion. Everyone is also aware of The Miz, Ziggler, and Baron Corbin. The tag division is kind of trash so whatever with that despite people being hyped on American Alpha at a point.

They just gave us a card of matches with a lot of the ideas and feuds rushed which is what usually Smackdown doesn't do. Which is also why people have a much more heavy positive reception for Smackdown.

I get Cena / Miz. It's kind of whatever, and I can see why they'd do it for Mania. I know both aren't going anywhere so I won't complain. Styles vs Shane is like a match I don't think I'd mind seeing, but not with how transparent or forced it was. Also not as Wrestlemania considering Shane's last match was beyond trash and Styles lost to Jericho. The Corbin vs Ambrose match has people trying to hospitalize or near kill eachother, but it's pretty tame.

This match is probably the worst in regards to everything stereo typically or expectantly bad booking. I've seen people say "Oh, well it shows you they're big on Styles, because Shane is working with AJ". I knew that when he walked out with no visit to NXT in the Rumble, and feuded with Jericho. Beat Cena at Summerslam, and won the title from Ambrose. Beat Cena one or two more times, and main evented a majority of Smackdown over guys they had already established on the same show.

I rather not just be hoping the son of the boss can be carried by Styles and he does silly dangerous big spots to entertain. I would of preferred to be invested in it to literally any degree. It's whatever, I'll probably watch how it goes and if it's trash 1/3 or 1/2 through I'll just turn it off and read results.