View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 07:57 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
I believe the right thing to do is what I have planned to do Saturday. Which is when DJ comes over, his mother and I are going to go out for lunch and I am going to tell her everything that DJ has told me and I'm going to let her decide on what the best course of action might be. At the end of the day, DJ is not my kid nor my family and getting myself involved by contacting the police is something that I'm not going to do. Not only because I don't feel its my place to make that decision but also because I don't want my sister to lose her best friend because of me. My sister is at that age now where she doesn't want to tell me things and she shuts me out more and more. I don't want that. I might not be her father but I am her guardian and I don't want her to feel as if she can't come to me with anything.
By telling his mother what's going on, you are getting involved. There's nothing wrong with that, he is a child and he is exposing himself to risk through his behavior and something has to be done. I might suggest that you encourage him to speak to his mother himself, but I doubt he'll do that. Perhaps encourage his mother to seek counseling with him and/or individually. If he has been doing this since the age of 8, we could be looking at parental neglect here and maybe even authorities might need to be contacted. Your heart's in the right place but you must be prepared that your actions in helping DJ might not be well received, initially, if at all. Prepare yourself for being hated for doing the right thing and trying to save this child. Best of luck to you and DJ.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote