View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm always split when stories such as Mike's become public knowledge and are subsequently promoted in a sense.

On a personal level, I hope he gets better and potentially becomes the success story that seemingly everyone is hoping for. Considering the new-found emphasis on the dangers of opioid addiction in the media, perhaps that's what WWE is shooting for here by making Mike's story very public facing.

On a professional level, feel good stories like this are rather unfair to those who manage their careers without abusing drugs. What about the guys (or girls) working their hearts out, giving it their all to make it in WWE that doesn't include taking (let alone abusing) pain killers? Why should a guy like Mike get hot-shotted just because he messed up, got in over his head, and then got clean? Because it's topical?

This whole situation also makes me ponder WWE's so-called wellness policy. Mike didn't sign with WWE and then get hooked on pain killers. Like most drug problems, this was probably something that was brewing for months beforehand, possibly (probably?) years. I'd think that upon entry, WWE would've done a drug test on him and found opioids in his system. Perhaps they give incoming talent a "grace period" of sorts since what might be acceptable in other wrestling environments is likely not so in WWE for their full time talent.

In any case, I hope the guy gets better and is allowed to continue living out his dream. I just hope that upon his successful return, it's not at the expense of another hard-working talent simply because Mike has a topical, hot-button story.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote