View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Closing Argument

The greatest sport in the world is American Football. If we were talking about the most popular or most well known sports globally then my answer would be different but that's not what the question is asking. Based on the question, I came up with some criteria to come up with my answer and support it. My criteria included the game itself, the players, and the fans. I showed how the game of American Football is the most exciting, intense competition in the world. It can be played at all levels and is easy to follow. I also showed how American Football players are the best, most well rounded athletes in the world. With a combination of great speed, agility, strength, and endurance, and the ability to succeed at multiple other sports, no other athlete can compete with them. I finally showed how American Football fans are some of the best in the world. They show great loyalty and support at all levels and the average attendance for NFL games is higher then the attendance for any other league in the world and it isn't really that close, with an Indian Cricket league being in second place a good 10,000 fans behind. I followed this criteria throughout the entire debate and used it to defend my choice against that of my opposition.

One of my opponents, Hatehabs, chose soccer. While soccer may be the most popular sport worldwide it certainly isn't the greatest as popularity does not equal greatness. His main arguments happened to discuss soccer's worldwide popularity which I will once again say isn't overly important to this specific topic. When he tried to debate against my choice with similar criteria he failed. Nothing he did showed that Soccer was superior to American Football in terms of the athletes or the game itself. The fans of soccer are tremendous and equally as loyal and supportive as American Football fans but that does not make the sport greater.

My other opponent, LSN, chose basketball. He used a similar criteria to mine just named slightly different. However, at every turn I proved that American Football was greater in every single aspect. Again I showed how American Football players had superior athletes and how the game of American Football was superior to that of basketball. Basketball, like soccer, has great fans but definitely not better then the fans of American Football.

Both of my opponents came up with solid choices but in the end neither provided anything that showed their respective choices were greater then mine. Because of this it is easy to see that the greatest sport of all time is American Football.