View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:24 AM
WWE Women's Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRRStruck View Post
Randy Orton was almost completely re-vitalized during his run-in with The Wyatts. SDL was fresh and at least attempting to have unique storylines last year and it felt like this one was a part of the shows core for 5-6 months.

They played it slow and methodical, with Orton and Bray showing up big at Survivor Series and RR. But WWE would ultimately fuck this up by feeding Bray to Randy at 'Mania. I didn't mind Randy going in as face but he should of lost and turned heel. Instead of sending Bray to RAW, Randy could of filled that void. Bray could've got a lengthy reign and Jinder could've won the US title.

Instead... were stuck with a directionless Randy and a bland Bray "Never gonna win the big one so none of this creepy poetry matters" Wyatt. The only way now I can see Randy Orton being re-vitalized is doing something new with his career instead of being in main event title picture or in upper mid-card feuds. This match with Rusev is pointless even if Randy goes over it doesn't do shit for him and obviously does no favours for Rusev. Orton needs to go for the US title or maybe form a tag team. I know it sounds odd for a 13 time world champ but everyone needs to step away and freshen up sometimes (See Cena 2014). Maybe even a slight tweak to his gimmick which hasn't really seen a MAJOR change since 2010-11 (Sadistic/Legacy Orton to Babyface Apex Predator).

All in all, going from the RR winner to losing 3 times to Jinder Mahal on PPV can't make you that important to the Main Event. Wouldn't hurt to try another place on the card.
Agree with all of this. I never got all the title changes early this year. Styles should have gone into Mania as champ and defended in a triple threat against Orton and Wyatt imo, with Wyatt coming out new champ. Then send Orton off to Raw where he either already is heel (like I said, Wyatt should've played the face role in their feud) or at the very least, he turns heel after going to Raw and starting something up with Balor, Rollins, or Reigns. He could've even formed an alliance with Samoa Joe as Triple H's henchmen, seeking out revenge on Rollins after the Mania win. I could easily see a good program down the road between Orton and Joe when Joe breaks away and turns face, wanting to be his own man.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread, there's just nothing much for him as a face on SDL with the rosters as they are now. Owens and Corbin are the only top heels he hasn't feuded with yet, and can you imagine the level of boredom Orton vs Corbin would bring? I'm convinced Owens can carry a feud with a mannequin, so they could make that work. But Owens is going to have to be turned face eventually, you hear how much he gets cheered every week. Owens and Orton could easily pull off a double turn.

But Orton to Raw in the next superstar shakeup is a no-brainer. If I were them, I wouldn't even wait that long and I'd just make a "trade" for someone like Big Cass directly after SummerSlam.

Last edited by LODemolition : 08-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote