View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighties View Post
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho in 2008; perfectly booked as two equals, a storyline that injected real life into it's fabric giving it a true emotion most wrestling lacks these days. The progression of the feud made sense and the promos + match quality and variety were all top class, both guys came out of the feud looking even bigger stars than they already were.
Would agree with that completely. Despite being a fan of Michaels, that was when I really got back into Jericho - I'd never really taken to heel Jericho before when he turned in 2001. Those were stellar matches back in 2008 and I was so excited by the idea of the Ladder Match - was like a big kid again. IIRC, the Ladder Match wasn't as great as I expected (I was judging by HBK vs. Razor in 1994 and Jericho vs. Benoit in 2001 and thought they'd be amazing together) but it was still excellent.

Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon wins hands down - not my favourite but it changed the business so much. The subsequent WM17 turn from Austin was so shocking because of the feud before it. It's a shame that heel turn went down in front of Austin's home town as it lost it's impact on the night as the Texans kept cheering for him. My personal favourite - other than the afore mentioned Y2J and HBK feud - would be Punk and Cena last year. For a few weeks, wrestling became magical and unpredictable again. It was frustrating when the WWE rushed Punk back and then dropped the ball with it but for a few weeks, that feud excited me again.
sendpm.gif