View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
ECW TV Champion

Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...

ZOMG!!! The elimination Chamber??? Nah Ricky, I have to actually agree that it was a very clever way of getting a lot of heel heat and instantly making Goldberg the top face in the company because of the screw job.

My top two matches however both involve a distinct lack of rules and have both been mentioned before.

For my view, I think HHH is a master of No DQ matches, because he takes some pretty scary shots and always manages to make the other guy look good.

His match with Cactus Jack was always destined for greatness. All you have to do is look at the debut of Cactus Jack in a similar environment and you know these two work very well together because that was a rather awesome match. Factor in an environment both men work well in and you're pretty much set. The move had some scary pops, and as Ricky has said, it made you think HHH was a sick, sick dude. Perfect for the role he was playing and set up HIAC nicely.

Number 2 - The Unsanctioned match. A match that brought out the best in both men, proving HHH could get HBK to perform in an environment he wasn't used to and look damn good doing it. The bitterness portrayed in the run-up between two friends and former allies lent itself to a charged match which was pretty brutal for both men. He may have lost, but he got one of the best performances from HBK and himself in the process and did nothing to lose his heel status with the ending