View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't blame Neville if he doesn't want to remain on the Cruiserweight division. I feel like it's the similar case with Austin Aries. These guys are capable of so much more than being limited to a weight class division. I know what they can do against various opponents, so I feel like it's not fair to judge them as just Cruiserweights. AJ Styles in the past was once a competitor of the Cruiserweight division in the indies, but he has been on the main roster everywhere since. Neville has enough in-ring talent to put him against everyone he faced prior to the Cruiserweight division and we have even seen it. He was also a great NXT Champion. It's unfortunate that they didn't even give him a chance at the Intercontinental or US Championships. Meanwhile, guys like Kalisto got to hold the US title twice! This is also how I felt about The Brian Kendrick back when he debuted that gimmick and was entered in the WWE Championship scramble match. The guy had a lot of momentum and could have been booked better to compete for the Mid-Card titles. I see that with Neville. With the Cruiserweight division, there is only so much more he can do before he's done it all and there is no "what's next?" It'll just be rinse and repeat until it's stale. Nothing interesting is going on. Yeah okay, Enzo Amore has been added, and Kalisto...but once those guys have been dealt with, Neville would just continue to be the 'King of the Cruiserweights' and a 3-time Cruiserweight Champion. How long would that last before it gets old? With the main roster, he at least has a chance against fresh opponents for a longer period of time. I think Neville should go to NJPW where he could fight guys like Kenny Omega. I think it would be a much better place for leeway in competition as well as his own progression.