View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't often get personal in my posts, but for everybody who wants to keep two World titles, you are all idiots.

In one wrestling company, there should only be one World champion.

In the Attitude Era, you didn't have Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mic Foley and Big Show going after the WWF Title and The Rock, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho going for the World Title. No, there was one champion. Yes WCW was around but it was like TNA is now, dire.

People say Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett would not get a chance to be a World champion if there was only one World title, please STFU!! A little title which used to be used for guys right on the cusp of the main event was the Intercontinental Title, a title that mian evented Wrestlemania 6 and Summerslam 92, a title that at times was considered more prestigious then the WWF title.

Dolph Zoggler right now is NOT WWE championship material. Cody Rhodes right now is not World champion material, and they don't need to be. With one title your main competitors would be CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio, Jericho, Sheamus and Del Rio would also not lose any steam going for the IC title in a division that should be headed by The Miz (someone else who could use that title to get some steam back), Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes, Big Show and Wade Barrett. Use the US title like the European title used to be used, for guys like Santino, Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Kofi (maybe cud go for IC belt too), R Truth, Tyson Kidd etc, the up and comers.

In a few years when CM Punk, John Cena, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton are winding down THEN Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes step up and become WWE Champion. At this time, would seeing Dolph Ziggler v Cody Rhodes for the WWE Title make you want to buy it, or would say CM Punk v Daniel Bryan sell tickets? CM Punk v Randy Orton? Randy Orton v John Cena? What is more likely to sell tickets at this time? If Rhodes, Barrett and Ziggler are built up properly then in a couple of years time they will be the big stars.

Look at Stone Cold, The Rock and Triple H. They were IC champions and/or King Of The Rings (save The Rock) a good couple of years before they went to the top of the tree. People nowadays want **INSERT FAVOURITE MIDCARDER** to be pushed ASAP, let the stars of tomorrow fine tune the skills needed to be the next big things before tomorrow comes. One WWE World title is EXACTLY what is needed now and I will fight anyone who disagrees
sendpm.gif