View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was worried that I'd be burnt out with two gimmick matches announced going into the show. I'm pleased to say that I was wrong.

Mascarita vs Famous B was exactly what it needed to be. It wasn't designed as a barn burner story. The revenge plot was paramount, but while that played out, this was about fans having fun. Unabashed, unapologetic fun. I chuckled, I popped, and I rooted for the good guy, probably for base and shallow reasons. Don't try and overcomplicate wrestling when you don't need to.

Fuck, did Ivie get hurt again? If not, she might be the best seller not named Sami Zayn. Can't see it being a work, as it didn't affect the outcome, but then again there is still plenty of time in the season to play this out. Sami Callahan/Solomon Crowe/Jeremiah Crane continues to impress me with the lethality of his strikes. Dante/Killshot looks like it could be a nuanced storyline, though that's difficult to do effectively with a fresh, new character.

Grave Consequences. Wow. Awesome! I thought it would fail to live up to GCI, but I think it surpassed it. The first one was brutal, but the story here was just fantastic. Great showing here, and I'm glad to see Mil pick up another major win. Feels like he hasn't had momentum since the season finale of s01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Although imagine if Puma was to lose and we got these cheesy underworld death scenes allowing Konnan to mentor him. Fuck me dead it would be hilarious yet somehow the greatest thing all at once.
You're onto something. Could be some wonderful, b-movie quality reels coming our way.

One thing I really want to see going into Aztec Warfare; King Cuerno returning and having a really strong showing.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote