View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 05:11 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I don't know how I missed this gem of a thread, but damn I wished I had of been around for the initial discussion. I've just read the whole thing and like the Montreal Screwjob always does; it shows who are Bret marks, who are Bret haters, and who actually looks at the situation objectively for what it was. A big huge clusterfuck resulting from many many wrongs on many many sides.

Did Bret Hart bring the Montreal Screwjob on himself. As this thread has proven, a legit argument can be made for no and a legit argument can be made for yes. I'm of the mindset that had Bret not done certain things then this never would've happened. The same thing can be said of McMahon and Michaels too. Where I fall at, though, is at the end of the day; if your boss tells you to do something, you go do it. Let's forget this is wrestling for a moment. Let's look at this as any other workplace. There's a young guy at my workplace who I can't stand. Every day he does or says something that pisses me off. One day, he asks me to cover for him because he needs off. I say, "Sure, if you ever need off, I'll cover for you". He says; "Well that's great but I'd never cover for you". From that point on, I can't stand the guy. I don't want to talk to him or work with him or anything. My boss tells me that we have a job coming up and that I'm going to have to team up with the guy I hate to get the job done. I say; "No, I'm not doing that. I'll work with Steve or Mark, or hell the new guy that doesn't know shit but I'm not working with that asshole". Boss says he already has plans for those other guys and this is the only option available. Still I refuse. Well what should my boss do people? What would any good boss do in this situation? He should fire my ass and not look back.

Sure I left out some details as to contract situations and what not, but the fact remains the same. Bret Hart was an employee asked by his boss to do something and he refused. So his boss took it upon himself to get what he needed done, done anyway he could. Did Hart bring the situation upon himself? Sure he did, however, McMahon and Michaels also brought the situation to fruition. It was a clusterfuck of many different faults that resulted in the Montreal Screwjob.

P.S., I love some of these posters trying to make Hart look holier than thou. I've posted threads and videos in this very section showing situations in which Hart played backstage politics against people like Nash, 'Taker and others. At the end of the day, Hart was a huge mark for himself and his ego was out of control, but 90% of all wrestlers in his situation were or are like that so I don't blame him for that. I do blame him for not admitting he had any fault in what happened and still to this day likes to play the victim.

It was a lot of people's faults and he played his part like everyone else did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.

Last edited by SSJPhenom : 11-27-2017 at 05:15 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote