View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 10:06 PM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

There isn't anything about this Survivor Series that I would change. The only gripe I see people having with this PPV is the quality of the matches, but the matches on this night didn't matter, the story did. And the story was perfect the way it went down. So many twists & turns and a new star born at the end of the night. Survivor Series 1998 is the greatest PPV for storyline purposes. It's my favourite Survivor Series and my second favourite PPV of all time after Wrestlemania X7. Vince Russo gets a lot of flack, but his writing for this show was pure genius. I didn't see Rock winning the tournament or any of those surprises coming.

I've always had this idea in mind though and I'm not saying anything on this show should've been changed, but if Bossman hadn't faced The Rock in the First Round, then I would've put The Nation in the tournament and had D-Lo Brown face The Rock in the First Round to settle their NOD issue. Rock and D-Lo have never faced each other, even after The Rock split from The Nation. Rock did face Mark Henry at In Your House: Judgment Day and D-Lo helped Mark win the match, but Rock and D-Lo never went one-on-one, which I would like to have seen. To me, Rock and D-Lo looked like they were the closest in the group out of all The Nation members. Rock would've beaten D-Lo easily, but I think they could've put on a good match together too.

As for Mark Henry, I would've put him up against X-Pac in the First Round instead of Steven Regal (who could've debuted on Sunday Night Heat) and had him defeat X-Pac to advance to the Quarter-Finals against Austin (who received a bye into the Semi-Finals due to Regal and Pac going to double countout in their First Round match). I'd have Henry lose to Austin in their Quarter-Finals match, but also weaken him down as Vince McMahon wanted. Bossman took a DQ loss in his First Round match with Austin and injured Austin's ribs with his Nightstick, Henry could've been used in the Quarter-Finals to further injure Austin's ribs and wear him down even more, so he wasn't 100 percent for Mankind in their Semi-Finals match.

Again, I'm not saying I'd change it to that. Bossman against Rock in the First Round made perfect sense, Rock was secretly the handpicked champion and Bossman was secretly helping him advance all the way to Finals. Just an alternative idea, that's all.
sendpm.gif