View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Next year is the first year the writers have to disclose their ballots.

That being said, I think Chipper Jones will be the first player to get 100% of the vote.

I am a lifelong Mets fan and grew up hating, but respecting, Chipper Jones. He was a great player and deserves to be a hall of famer. But the fact that HE will be the first to achieve 100% of the vote bothers me. Not because of him being a Brave. But because to me, he's not the one who deserves that honor. That should have been Ken Griffey Jr. The BBWAA has gotten away with picking and choosing hall of famers over their personal feelings of the player and not facts.

I think Vladimir Guerrero gets in next year, as does Trevor Hoffman. Thome could get in next year too, but I think he waits one year. Though again, how can a writer validate giving Thome a "no" on the ballot? Vizquel is a slight possibility, but his offense will hold him back. He might be a late entry in a down HOF year.

Andruw Jones won't get in. He took such a steep decline in his career that his numbers just aren't there. Derek Lee and Johan Santana had a few years where they were great, but both just took too deep of declines, or in Santana's case, injuries shortened their career. Scott Rolen will be one of those who it comes down to year 9. He'll be a guy who is borderline the whole time and if he gets a year where the potential HOF class is weak, he might get in.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote