View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:55 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Why not hire a better mic worker and a better in-ring worker in form of Wade Barrett? He's surely better than Magnus at both in-ring work and mic skills. So why not bring in a new wrestler?.
While like most, I do hold Barrett's mic skills in high regard and agree that he's better than Magnus; I'd say the difference is somewhat negligible, as Magnus was also pretty solid with the stick.

As far as their ring work, I disagree with you. I don't think either guy is much more than average as a worker between the ropes, but I would give Magnus the slight advantage in that category.

Either way, though I'd accept both as decent additions to the current roster, the promotion is flush with good quality characters/talkers that aren't very special as in-ring performers, and they could desperately use more guys that excel at the latter and that improve Impact's overall workrate- and neither Barrett nor Magnus really does that.

I'm way more excited(though not holding my breath) to see someone from the NOAH partnership, like Nakajima or Shiozaki, show up for some appearances. Considering what the promotion currently lacks, they would be of more benefit to the product than a guy like Magnus.

I am going to have to assume that, aside from the mentioned Jarrett connection, Magnus's rumored return is to add a known Impact star from the UK to aid the company in their negotiations with ITV.