View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Well....yeah. I mean...I think it's fair to say that most people have had the opinion that SmackDown Live is the overall better show almost from the moment the brand split took place.

I think Raw is better in 2017 than it was in 2016 and I do enjoy a good deal of what's happening. I like Miz vs. Ambrose, I like the Hardy Boyz vs. Sheamus & Cesaro, I like Reigns vs. Strowman, Raw's Women's Division is getting back on track, Samoa Joe has done an excellent job of making me want to see him face Brock Lesnar, Balor & Rollins seem to be waiting in the wings for something significant.

However, for me, just about everything about the blue brand just has a fresher feel to it and simply doesn't seem as restricted as Raw is. Maybe because Vince doesn't see SD Live as much of a priority as Raw, he allows creative to have more freedom? I'm not saying that's the case, but it seems like it. I also like that angles and storylines seem to have more time to be fleshed out, they don't just scrap it if it doesn't get the reaction they're hoping for right away and that's what has to happen sometimes. Even though the blue brand doesn't have as much time as Raw, SmackDown has been consistently better at making the most of the time it does have and with talent on the roster. The storytelling and booking has been far more consistent than Raw, the brand specific ppvs for SD are almost always better. Raw is generally viewed as the show where more "big things" happen while SmackDown Live is basically the better put together show from top to bottom.

Jinder is coming along and while it might not be everyone's cup of tea, I think he's doing a good job. Corbin being Mr. MITB was the right call as he's been. Sami Zayn, even though he comes up short quite a bit, is a heavy fan favorite who keeps building credibility win or lose, Owens & Styles are shining, Nakamura is already embraced as a heavy fan favorite, Chad Gable impressed a lot of people with his match against Styles, Breezango are legitimately funny, New Day & Usos are both really good in their spots, Carmella has really blossomed as a character the past few weeks and the Women's Division as a whole on SmackDown has a good deal of stuff going on, Ellsworth is fun to dislike, even the Hype Bros have grown on me somewhat. Probably my two significant complaints about SmackDown Live at this point is that they could do more with American Alpha and I'm of the opinion they should put Harper and Rowan back together as a team.

But yeah, since going live and since the brand split, SmackDown has really turned into an overall really together 2 hour wrestling program.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif