View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Midget View Post
Brock Lesnar is a massive draw and one of few mainstream names involved in the company. You sound more like you're an Angle and TNA fan than you are a Brock fan. That's completely fair.
Not really. I don't care about TNA ever since Sting left or otherwise. I just love Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar to a lesser extent. So yeah, I'm a fan of Lesnar's as well. But in life overall and when it comes to wrestling..I seek evolution, progress, beauty, art, development. I don't mean to say that there shouldn't be anything formulaic. But where's the fun in an awesome beast/athlete like Lesnar overdoing the G-suplex to Seth Rollins in a mainevent match and the fans chanting "suplex city" ? I felt outraged because I respect/like Lesnar, and if it only had to be a squash match, or if they only wanted to use a mainevent match to reignite Taker's feud with Lesnar, like Jeff the deliverer said..they could have done it a 100 other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Midget View Post
The crappy thing about Brock is more his booking. He's basically been booked into WWE God mode since he steamrolled Cena for the title in 2014. Brock is also carrying the lustre of The Undertaker's streak to go along with it.

Brock is the legit fighter. So what? That now means he can't have matches? He only squashes now unless it's Taker. That's the real issue presently. There's nothing that says it can't start now. Why didn't Kofi get a bit of offence in at Beast in the East?

Lesnar is in his late 30s, and aside from his intestinal issues, he's never really suffered any kind of career shortening injury. Kurt angle has a surgically repaired neck and has suffered from drug and alcohol addiction for years.

Don't get me wrong, I've always like Kurt. I'd even argue he's a better wrestler than Brock, I don't think many would argue against that. Brock is physically and mentally more well, younger, and a bigger mainstream name than Kurt. That's just how it is.

The bad thing about Brock is when he goes over full time guys then vanishes. The only guys he's really gone over on TV are Punk and Cena, the rest have been part timers (Triple H and Taker).

Rollins stole the show at The Rumble, and again more literally at Mania 31. This years Mania will be the first time Brock locks up with a younger guy (likely Wyatt, Owens, or Ambrose - in that order), so now is the time to let someone beat Brock. I don't know if it's time to transfer the pin yet, that should probably come later, but it's time to transition him into someone who puts over the young guys. New stars are sorely needed, not old ones.
Exactly. Kudos to you for all the sensible, rational, concise points you put forward here. The main issue is the booking.

I'm really unsure about Lesnar and his booking now..now that they've booked him to make Seth Rollins look like a bitch/fool, broken the streak...broken Cena already, already defeated HHH...who really in the future is going to be even remotely credible now? Bray Wyatt? Roman Reigns? The future looks bleak.
sendpm.gif