View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

The genesis of the Invasion started out great. But The problem wasn't so much the wrestlers themselves. So you didn't have the top tier talent of Goldberg and the like. Between RVD, Booker T, and the Dudleys, you could've built the story around those guys. Where I truly think they went wrong was incorporating Austin as the crown jewel of the takeover, and even he sort of played second fiddle to Stephanie and Shane. Now, what I think would've worked, if he hadn't have been injured, would be to have Triple H be the centerpiece of the takeover. I imagine that if he hadn't have been sidelined, Trips would've shot right back into the title picture.