View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Anaconda Vise View Post
-Joey Ryan as a sleezy cop is such a great role lol. Why Cortez Castro/Officer Reyes is trying to get Dario rather than Matanza who was the person who killed Bael is beyond me but oh well.
I think Cueto is the bigger fish. Reyes even said that he wanted to bring Dario down when he ordered Matanza to kill Bael, but I may be mistaken. Besides, classic cop film trope, a pesky sargeant who's getting in the way of good detective work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
I typically watch on Dailymotion as well and the lighting has been atrocious when the action spills outside the ring. It became obvious how poor the lighting has become during the Last Man Standing match. I get the budget cutbacks for season two, but it seems like the lighting has been the only thing they cut. Well that and the band, which I could do without.
Glad to here it's not just me then, but I'd love for someone who watches on El Rey to weigh in.

As a theater geek, I have to give some props (no pun intended). Due to strict budgets, you sometimes are left with weaknesses in your production, and the best way to mask a weakness is to make it a strength. The dark temple plays well into Mil and Catrina's reign, but that's all the positive I'll say on the subject. It still reads like crap on screen.

Quote:
Speaking of Bengala, he really killed a lot of what Kobra Moon could do. Hopefully she gets a better opponent next time around. That entire match though, Striker was grating on me. So many snake references.
Fill me in here, should I know Kobra Moon by another name? I've been trying the occasional non-comital Google search but I haven't found any aliases yet.

Quote:
I also dig that in every vignette the face character is beating up guys in lucha masks. They did it for PJ Black, Kobra Moon, and now Texano.
I caught that, too. A fun little piece of world-building.

By the way, Yaz, I'm still waiting to know what Dario is going to do with 60$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
The problem I'm having with the show is that the continuation from season 1 doesnt seem to be there at all from a story line perspective and it feels like we're playing a video game sequel where we're getting reintroduced to everyone on the off chance there are new people watching the show. I think we're finally going to get some kind of major story line now which should help things pick up.
Not to apologize for every fault the show has, but they did lose a small handful of important names (though if you've read the comic, you may know that Big Ryck has technically been in every episode so far). They do have to do a soft rebuild of their roster. Better that they introduce new characters now then later when storylines are on their rising action.

That's my take on the newer characters, but I disagree about reintroductions for s01 alumni. The Menage a Trois storyline continues, though has evolved in the off season. Puma is chasing Mil. Mil now sits dominant atop the temple. Perhaps I misunderstand you, but none of this feels like I'm brought back to square one as a viewer.

Quote:
I really wish that they got someone else in to replace Vampiro as commentator so that he could fill his role as Pentagon's master
100% with you here. I was hoping at the end of episode one that he'd stand with Pentagon and fall back into full Vampiro persona. Instead, we have this strange non-commitment to what should be an evolved character from s01.

I get that Ian wants to remain at the desk, and I get that full-Vampiro may not mesh as an announcer, but because they haven't changed the character whatsoever it seems there is a lacking of concrete decisions being made by Ian Hodgkinson and the LU creative team. My biggest beef with the season, save the lighting.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote