View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
But they stayed INCREDIBLY over. Fans consistently popped hard for them. I can't think of another act who stayed so over for so long after they were last great.
Some have been mentioned, but one that leaps to mind for me is Ric Flair. People sometimes debate on when Flair stopped being just flat out great but the first time I felt that Flair should really hang it up was during the days of Evolution. It'd started years before that really, he was in pretty lousy shape the last days of WCW and he started to truly go downhill. There were times I felt almost embarrassed to be watching him because he was so past it that it just felt wrong to have this 54 year old man beating up 25 to 30 year olds.

Regardless of all that, Flair was still insanely over.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote