View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...

Only just saw this... sad another one has gone but I think by the sounds of it he was an early example of what the Kliq later did to Bam Bam Bigelow... someone who saw him as a threat in the WWF wound him up and watched him implode and leave the company. You'll never know who it was, but in 87 a lot of talent linked to the Minnesota area were around the business...and coming into the WWE over that year. Zenk going no doubt greased the road for Rude and Hennig to come in...

I agree Martel was way ahead of him, indeed he was a FORMER WORLD CHAMPION at that point, the AWA belt was big enough in that era, so Martel being on 3x the money would be not only fair, but appropriate. Zenk always seemed like a C lister to me, even when he was in the WWF... like B.Brian Blair, Jim Brunzell, Raymond Rougeau or Dino Bravo... he proved it in WCW. I used to hate seeing Zenk EVERY week on Worldwide... it was clear he was going nowhere.

Still, sad he's gone and that his career didn't work out for him.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 01-08-2018 at 05:44 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote