View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 07:08 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
I'm hearing you, but let's forget about Vince and WWE, and what XFL stands for. You don't think another football league could he profitable? I'm no expert on how it should be run, but at the same time if this time around the quality is good, then give it a go. Mind you, it doesn't matter if it comes back or not, but I'm more inclined to enjoy a regular football league than arena, though I have enjoyed some arena games.
Well, the proof is in the pudding as they say. The AFL, USFL, XFL, and UFL have all either merged or outright failed (as the case with 3 out of the 4). I don't know how the quality could be good when you don't even have the top 2000 players in the league. There are some NFL games that stink up the joint. The reason WHY the NFL is so successful is because of team identity. It's something that has been established over generations. The XFL does not have that. You add in fantasy football and gambling and it's a billion dollar business. The game itself does not sell it's the intangibles that does i.e. teams and players.

MAYBE if the XFL were to purge some of the college stars early like the the USFL did with Herschel Walker, Steve Young, and Jim Kelly they MIGHT have a shot but I think they could comepete financially with the NFL. That's the ONLY way it would be successful. There MIGHT be some curiosity but without that team/player connection I don't see it happening.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote