View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 05:46 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Champion View Post
If the modern-day surgery operations existed in the same 1990s timeframe in place of the old-school surgery, and all these guys were younger, then guys like Steiner, Luger, Hennig, Rude, HBK and Bret, and maybe Droz, all would've been able to return to their pre-injury peak forms easier than they actually happened to go through. HBK took it easy and dropped weightlifting from his fitness repertoire so he came back skinnier than ever aka being ripped, compared to the early 1990s when he had some ounce of muscles via steroids, and the mid-to-late 1990s when Michaels shrunk some but not too much. Today's style of surgery never existed while Rude was still around, so he couldn't come back at all after 1994, Hennig was in and out of wrestling for the rest of his career, Animal even went solo by 2001 because Hawk had too many personal demons at that point and I don't know if a young Droz would have been fixed up back to normal efficiently than back then, Luger would never have been that horribly out of shape with a big roid gut by 2000-01 if it wasn't for his torn biceps tendon (so no spinal stroke and Miss Elizabeth never dies) with surgery was as advanced as it is today, and Steiner would never have become a super sloppy wrestler after back surgery either. Hogan was a showman to begin with, but he still got hurt by simple basic bumps, and if Savage was young when he had his ACL tear with today's surgery, maybe he would have still been able to do his trademark fast paced, high flying moves without drastically changing his image to just another stiff medium sized guy.

I included The Rock because back when he was still under the Rocky Maivia name/gimmick in the first half of 1997, he tore his ACL during a match with Mankind. He would not return until August when he joined the Nation of Domination, and a change in gimmick and gameplay style worked wonders for The Rock. Going from a high flying wrestler to the Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment really netted him more money. The only issue with Rock's Torn ACL is that he had to adopt the Box Office main event moveset to help him protect his knee from further aggravation to avoid a similar injury down the road, so he had to be a brawler. Never again did he do any high flying moves, since it was better left to the likes of HBK and Savage.
ACL surgeries have been pretty much the same for a long time now (I've had one myself). You can do everything you did before the ACL tear after getting surgery. Rock came back as a heel. He shouldn't be doing flashy stuff as a heel. He also never really needed to do high risk stuff so that is probably he stopped doing that. The ACL is stronger after the surgery and you do not need to protect it. Some people might use a brace for peace of mind but it is not really needed. Limitations are psychological after it heals.

Bret suffered a head injury and then a stroke. We haven't exactly progressed on fixing that.

Steiner had a nerve injury (I think pinched nerve caused by bulging disc). My uncle actually had that recently. Takes forever to go away, incredibly painful. Can be healed by surgery which is sort of risky or by waiting it out (time varies).

Hogan jumped on his ass for 50 years. That is not good for the back.

I still don't see any specifics on the other guys and what surgeries are available today that could fix them.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote