View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's sort of boring when everyone votes one way. Well actually, Davey Boy has gotten some votes which is nice to see, but no one is standing up for him, so I'll just try to encourage some discussion I suppose. Better dispose of these two niggling myths.

1. Davey Boy will be gassed.

This may be true, but I believe that once Davey Boy gets going, the first perhaps, half hour he will be able to keep up with Guerrero before the match becomes too much for him and he gets too tired. This is the time frame I see him in based on his matches with a guy like HBK, who is similar in size and speed to Guerrero, that went over 25 minutes. He also had matches with Bret Hart that could go over 20-25 minutes. If Davey Boy operates within this time frame and gets the first fall quickly, there is no reason why he couldn't win the match.

2. The Lasso from El Paso

Here is the main argument for Eddie in the second fall. "He's the only one with a legit submission move". I for one don't believe this. Firstly, who says a submission match has to be won whilst the opponent is in a submission maneuver? The match could be stopped by the ref or Eddie could even quit himself. Let's keep in mind that the match is No DQ, as was the singles match before it. This means that theoretically, Davey Boy could do so much damage with his power game as to completely negate Eddie's stamina and speed, controlling the match at his own pace, with maybe even weapons at his disposal.

And if that all fails, since Eddie got tips of Benoit and Malenko, then Bulldog could just as well have gotten a hold or two off of Bret, the brother in law.
sendpm.gif