View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Was Judge Kathleen McHugh too harsh here, or does the punishment fit the crime here?

The punishment does fit the crime and I believe he completely deserves every one of those 30 days. However, I do NOT agree with the sentence. Here's why...

Do you believe, based on the case, that the judge sentenced Johnson as a means of 'punishment' for his assault on his wife, or is this more along the lines of punishment for his courtroom behavior only?

This was definitely punishment for his courtroom behavior! The judge was ready to accept the plea agreement, and then some random butt-slap makes her change her mind? I know it was not in good taste, but it's not Kathleen's job to judge how classy the people in her courtroom are. She has been chosen by the government and by the people to be objective in her rulings. Changing her mind on the fly like that is NOT okay. I disagreed with the plea bargain from the beginning, but if she was going to accept it, she should stick with her plan. Having her sentences be affected by random inappropriate gestures is just unquestionable.

If a defendant is innocent and flips the judge the middle finger, no matter how hurt the judge's feelings are, he doesn't deserve to be convicted. Similarly, if a probably-guilty defendant is going away scott-free, I don't think he should be convicted due to a butt-slap.

This just makes me believe her judgement has been impaired. What if instead of a butt-slap, he would have been extra polite and complementary? Would her feelings be tickled enough to pretty up the plea bargain even more? Her swinging sentences could very well be a double-edged sword.

This was a joke, and I'm not talking about Johnson's behavior, I'm talking about Kathleen's behavior. I no longer trust her as a judge to carry out objective sentencing. Plus, it is obvious she is enjoying her high-horse way too much.
sendpm.gif