View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 AM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
Its nothing more than an opinionated statement that Edge is weaker than the opponent in the video clip. (or stronger, for that matter) What solid proof do you have that shows and evenly matches up Kawada's strength to Edge's? I'd love to see it.
It seems posting moves instead of matches is the way to go, so let's do that. Here are Kawada's three Ganzo Bombs (he has only executed three Ganso Bombs because it's probably the most dangerous wrestling move of all time):

Can Edge do something similar to men that weigh 250 pounds? In the ring, slams and suplexes are the most effective means to signify your strength. I don't think it can be denied that he doesn't use suplexes or slams frequently (or, when he does use them, they aren't on opponents that wouldn't have qualified for WWE's defunct cruiserweight division). This isn't to say that this makes him an inferior wrestler, as he's won a shitload of titles and beaten plenty of big men. But, the fact still remains that strength is not an advantage he's going to have over a Japanese heavyweight; most of them lift people heavier than him numerous times during a match.

Quote:
Ric Flair. You're Welcome.

Oh, but this is the typical replying part where you say "But he was aged and beyond his 'prime', Edge would never *insert opinionated statement here*
All right, let's say I count Ric Flair. The fact still remains that Mitsuharu Misawa is recognized as being among the elite in an oft-cited American professional wrestling publication. In other words, Misawa is no slouch, and Edge has very little experience when it comes to facing someone of his caliber (I'll give you Ric Flair, as I don't want this to turn into quibbling about primes).

Quote:
So the point isn't that Edge never has. Its that he was never given the actual, realistic opportunity because he wasn't apart of their "Era."
Which opponents has Edge fared well against that we could reasonably consider to be in Misawa's league? I sure as hell won't consider Batista, and The Undertaker, HHH, and John Cena always seem to have Edge's number (unless he has a briefcase in his hand or a few wrestlers to assist him).

Quote:
= Opinionated Statements. Not actual facts, nor logical realistic proof beyond a shadow of doubt. You repeatedly asked how I knew this or that.. well, how do you?

Has Misawa done any of this to Edge? I'd love to see this video you seen to have on perma-loop. I mean, in no less than 3 different statements you seem convinced that Misawa CAN do all of this. When the simple, unarguable point is.. unless you have physical video proof (which I highly doubt) all it is, is you believing and being unwilling to take your head off that belief. So why should I even waste time trying?
I've seen Misawa's matches, and I've seen Edge's. I want to go to bed soon, but I have no problem putting up matches tomorrow with detailed analyses that will highlight Misawa's strength, agility, endurance, and perseverance and also the many, many personal assets that all of his opponents have had. And, you and I both know that we are BOTH limited to this kind of proof: matches other than the one between Misawa and Edge that has never taken place. If you want me to do this, I'll be more than happy too. But, please, don't resort to these kind of comments:

Quote:
The irony to this is Misawa's career could go 20 years longer than Edge's ever will.. and in the end, Edge will be more recognized and well known because he's in a Company thats Global.
Misawa was one of the most beloved and popular Japanese professional wrestlers of all time. Edge may have more exposure, but he is hardly the main reason why people all over the world allow themselves to be exposed to WWE in the first place. On the other hand, I can say with confidence that Misawa contributed significantly to AJPW's and then NOAH's popularity.

Quote:
Now, the truth of the matter is this.. Tdigs, I'm not trying to crap on your well-thought out post. I wish Misawa the best, and I hope he wins if it means you won't be as upset as you were over the other issue. But I'm also smart enough to realize even if I could provide you with all the same videos, and detailed explanations that I put forth the last time I tried really pushing Edge for something.. it wouldn't sway your vote. (a vote, that I believe you have even already locked)

You want me to actually debate you? The real question is.. why.
I could say the same thing about you; nothing I can do will persuade you to vote for Misawa, and that's fine. But, you're wrong on one thing: some people actually do read these posts, especially if they're not familiar with one of the wrestlers. I want Misawa to win just as much as you want Edge to win; this debate here has everything to do with the posters that read and nothing to do with us.