View Single Post
  #8  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
TheOneBigWill's Avatar
TheOneBigWill TheOneBigWill is offline
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Iowa
Age: 36
Posts: 7,713
TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
1) The opponent Misawa elbows in the first clip is Toshiaka Kawada, a man stronger and faster than Edge.
Its nothing more than an opinionated statement that Edge is weaker than the opponent in the video clip. (or stronger, for that matter) What solid proof do you have that shows and evenly matches up Kawada's strength to Edge's? I'd love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
2) How would you know that Edge's spear has pinned the shoulders of Superstars that are vastly superior or greater than Misawa? Pro Wrestling Illustrated listed Misawa as the sixth greatest modern professional wrestler of all time. Who was ahead of him? In order: Hulk Hogan; Ric Flair; Andre the Giant; Bret Hart; Antonio Inoki. Give me a shout if Edge's spear pinned these men in their prime.
Ric Flair. You're Welcome.

Oh, but this is the typical replying part where you say "But he was aged and beyond his 'prime', Edge would never *insert opinionated statement here*

So the point isn't that Edge never has. Its that he was never given the actual, realistic opportunity because he wasn't apart of their "Era."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
3) Misawa is virtually invincible in the ring; it literally takes his opponent's all plus more to take him down. I seriously doubt Edge's spear would do anything to him in a kayfabe or real sense.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
How would you know that the Tiger Driver isn't as powerful as the Batista Bomb? Also, a 36/37-year-old Misawa was able to Tiger Drive a 450-pound Vader; at a similar age, Batista can't power bomb someone two-thirds of that weight without tearing his muscles for the umpteenth time. So, even if Batista's power bomb is stronger than Misawa's Tiger Driver (which is doubtful), Misawa could still Tiger Drive Edge five times more without getting fatigued or injured, so this is a moot point.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
I'll move this out of the realm of probability for you and say with confidence that he could hit it on Edge. What is still in the realm of probability is whether or not Edge could kick out of an Emerald Flowsion. If he could, then Misawa would have no trouble delivering another one, so we can consider Edge's defeat a certainty rather than a possibility.
= Opinionated Statements. Not actual facts, nor logical realistic proof beyond a shadow of doubt. You repeatedly asked how I knew this or that.. well, how do you?

Has Misawa done any of this to Edge? I'd love to see this video you seen to have on perma-loop. I mean, in no less than 3 different statements you seem convinced that Misawa CAN do all of this. When the simple, unarguable point is.. unless you have physical video proof (which I highly doubt) all it is, is you believing and being unwilling to take your head off that belief. So why should I even waste time trying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictdigle View Post
Well, if you do want to talk random stuff, then let's talk about the fact that Edge has spent his entire career in a company that's about a quarter as high-impact and dangerous as any of the companies Misawa has worked for. Also, let's talk about the fact that Edge hasn't even had half as long an active career as Misawa had. With the type of injuries he has sustained in WWE, Edge wouldn't have been able to last 5 years with either AJPW or NOAH.
The irony to this is Misawa's career could go 20 years longer than Edge's ever will.. and in the end, Edge will be more recognized and well known because he's in a Company thats Global.

Now, the truth of the matter is this.. Tdigs, I'm not trying to crap on your well-thought out post. I wish Misawa the best, and I hope he wins if it means you won't be as upset as you were over the other issue. But I'm also smart enough to realize even if I could provide you with all the same videos, and detailed explanations that I put forth the last time I tried really pushing Edge for something.. it wouldn't sway your vote. (a vote, that I believe you have even already locked)

You want me to actually debate you? The real question is.. why.
__________________


Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif