View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
He had a Tope Elbow that seemingly took him forever to rush from one side of the ring to the other. Edge isn't going to just stand outside and wait for him to dive at him, hes likely quicker than the opponent in that video. A quick side-step and Misawa is going face first into the guardrail/ringside.
Actually, yes Edge will. Jeff Hardy has hit him with similar moves throughout all their matches against one another.

Quote:
He had a couple elbow smash/roaring elbow smash moves. Both of which are easily counter-able for someone with Edge's quickness, and also nicely set-up for Edge to bounce off the opposite ropes and hit Misawa with a spear.
First of all, Edge is not quick, at all. Secondly, yes you can avoid moves like the roaring elbow, but eventually you will get hit with one. It's inevitable, especially with someone like Edge. Seriously, Edge sometimes can't dodge Cena's shoulder block and 5 Knuckle Shuffle, so what makes you think all of the sudden he's going to be able to prepare himself with someone like Misawa's move set?

Quote:
And as far as the above comments you made about it being the weakest.. well weak or not its pinned Superstars vastly superior and greater than Misawa's, shoulders to the mat.. so it must have something going for it.
Key word there being "Superstars". Misawa's not some watered-down, pansy ass "Superstar". He a fucking professional wrestler, and one of the best who ever lived. He would never get put down by something as weak looking as Edge's Spear. That is simply a fact.

Quote:
The Tiger Bomb isn't as powerful as the Batista Bomb. (okay, I won't say it doesn't hurt any less - but from that video it looked very slow and quite honestly; weak) If Edge can survive a similar move being delivered from someone with more power and delivery force, I'm sure he can survive Misawa's version.
I'll agree with you here - Edge can kick out of the Tiger Bomb. However, it would weaken his ass down for Misawa's other signature moves.

Quote:
The Suplex he does is just a folded arms version of a regular German. Kurt Angle has delivered several to Edge throughout the course of their feuds and Edge hasn't lost any momentum or matches because of them yet. Unless someone can prove to me how folding the arms is going to suddenly cause that much more massive damage - I'm not going to believe it would be any more effective.
Not really, man. The Tiger Suplex, when performed properly, is a very hard move to kick out of. I'm not sure if Edge could do it, since I don't think he's ever taken the move before.

Quote:
The way I see it, the only arsenal that Misawa has going for him are the Emrald Flowsion moves. All of which are nice, and it seems like he can hit them on guys Edge's size so its a possibility that it could/would happen. However, Edge has kicked out of finishing moves before - so its a pure coin toss to say he could or couldn't.
Yes, he has kicked out of some finishing moves throughout his career, but none as devastating as Misawa's Emrald Flowsion and Tiger Driver. And Edge has lost plenty of matches by pinfall with MUCH weaker maneuvers finishing him off, as well.

Quote:
Finally - you brought up Edge's history of neck injuries and made a slap-stick comment about how he could "die" in the ring. Well, since you're such a history buff and all.. Misawa DID die in the ring.
Thanks for the history lesson...

Quote:
So, you know, if you wanna talk random stuff then I suppose the upper hand goes to Edge - since, as far as time goes - he's yet to actually die in the ring and all.
Only because he hasn't faced someone like Misawa before.

Quote:
In the end, vote for whoever you want. Misawa fans won't listen to Edge fans, Edge fans won't listen to Misawa fans. It'll go however it'll go and whoever wins, wins. Plain and simple. I don't care if you vote for stupid reasons, or logical reasons. In the end, someone will win and someone will lose.
If you truly believed this, then you wouldn't have responded to my post in the first place. You can claim you didn't put "full effort" into it, but regardless of whether or not that's true, you obviously do care a little otherwise you wouldn't have responded to it at all.

Quote:
If Edge loses then so be it. I doubt Misawa fans could say the same.
You won't see me throw a fit if Misawa lost. You also won't see me go on this huge flame/bitchfest at those who do get upset at the result of a match, neither. I doubt I can say the same about Edge fans....
sendpm.gif