View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM
crafts entire Worlds out of Words
WWF Hardcore Champion

Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth View Post
Resolved: Prostitution should be legal.
Razor's Assumed Definition of Prostitution: The act of a man or woman willingly trading sex for money or other goods.

Alright. Let's get right to this.

1) It is a basically victimless crime.

Who is getting harmed in the act of Prostitution?

The woman is definitely not getting harmed. She's going about her business having sex with men whom she chooses and getting paid for it. She is a willing participant in this enterprise.

The man? He's not being forced to pay for sex. He is willingly offering the prostitute money in return for sexual pleasure.

If both parties are willing participants, and the act in itself does not harm either person, then why make it illegal?

2) Many Prostitutes Choose to be Prostitutes

In an article I had to read for Anthropology, Tricking and Tripping, many women the anthropologist interviewed were educated women. They actually chose to take part in Prostitution.

Why?

Put simply, the pay is better. That, and they get to chose their costumers. Prostitutes often keep track of pervy or otherwise undesirable clients and warn their fellow prostitutes to avoid the men.

To go forward with this argument assuming that prostitutes are simply uneducated women who have no other choice is not only insulting to the women, but completely baseless.

3) The Morality Of It All

..and?

The laws of this nation or any other do not exist to dispense morals. The law of the land should be used to keep the Social Contract intact. I promise that Prostitution does not threaten the Social Contract.

4) Violence and Prostitution

Prostitutes are often chosen as victims of crimes simply because the perpetrators know they can not report the man. Their very career is illegal, and cops in the cities often look at prostitutes as somehow having "asked for" the crimes committed against them.

Criminals often report in their confessions in court that they chose prostitutes because they knew that they wouldn't be reported. One serial killer reported just that fact. He used the knowledge to kill over 40 women in a span of 20 years.

Prostitutes are viewed by some as the very lowest of women. They view the prostitutes as objects to be used for whatever they want.

That is patently untrue. They are humans. They are women. However, these women are handicapped by a law that makes their very legitimate form of career illegal.

The sooner the laws against Prostitution are repealed, the better this land will be.

Closing

My position is simple. It rests on four main principles, and I can introduce more if need be. I'm just smart like that.

1) Prostitution is a victimless crime.

2) Prostitutes choose to be prostitutes.

3) Prostitution isn't immoral, and even if it was, it should hold no baring on laws.

4) Violence against Prostitutes will be drastically cut by the lifting of laws, and the almost instant humanization of Prostitutes.

I'm off to save the Keywork.

By teh Doctor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote