View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

I expect Sara to win this since most people will only remember the elderly Mae Young. The truth is Young was a fierce competitor and was quite skilled. It would much likely be Sara getting her assed kicked if she fought Mae in her prime. She did get some recognition from Strangler Lewis, who hated "show wrestling" and was a misogynist when it came to women's sports just like most others during that time period. But Mae was one of the few whom he touted as the "real deal." I know when she first fought Mildred Burke she was DQ'ed for punching her in the face for real.

She wasn't really pushed as a major singles star, but she did fight all the greats of her time: Burke, Moolah, Byers, and Penny Banner. And she held a couple of regional titles. She was just a tough bitch in general, but was more marketed for her sex appeal... go figure.

Like Sara she also trained quite a few students. A known one is Ric Drasin, a stuntman and wrestler who designed the Gold's Gym logo.

TBH the match is a toss up for me, but I wouldn't be sad if Del Rey got the win as she's probably the most successful journeywoman champion aside from either Melissa or MsChif.
sendpm.gif