View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 03:55 AM
Bald Billy was Better
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
I can understand looking out for one's character. That makes sense. On the other hand, though, there's the whole what's good for business and what's bad for business argument. In this particular case, I believe it would have been best for business for Bret to take the powerbomb. Let's use Michaels as an example. When he feuded with 'Taker in the late 90s, in every single one of those matches, 'Taker beat the living hell out of Shawn. Having said that, though, 'Taker also lost every single one of those matches. What gets to me in this situation is that Bret had the opportunity to do something to help out two other guys with their angle. Nash may have been a huge dick head, but was 'Taker? This would've helped 'Taker just as much as Nash. Also, at the end of the day, Bret should've done what he was told to do. They say HBK and them were hard to deal with back in the day but if Vince put his foot down and demanded they do something, they always did it. Bret, not so much.

I'm just saying Bret had the chance to help others and he didn't do it. He was worried about perceiving to have been beat when he knew that by the time of WM, fans wouldn't have been thinking about that.
It would have mattered a fair bit, actually. Bret WAS doing what was best for business. You should want that main event match that is going to be an hour long to have as much heat on it as humanly possible, not the hoss fest that is a significantly lesser match. No one was buying that show for Taker v Diesel. No one. Not even Nash's family.