View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Best angle of all: retirement
WWE Women's Champion

DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...

[Black screen. A voice-over breaks the silence, speaking in a relaxed tone.]

Gordito: My dad once told me: "It's takes a big man to kick my ass, but it won't take him very long".

[Music starts playing. It's "Flossing A Dead Horse", by NoFX]

Gordito: He also used to tell me to look him the eyes when he was speaking, and that I was free to do as I wished as a teenager, but that I could never call him from jail and expect to come home anytime soon. But I think the point he was making was this: no matter where you are, or how comfortable you feel, there will always been someone willing and able to take your spot.

[Images appear in the dark as if played from a projector. It is of the contract battle royale featuring Steven Holmes, Toyota Wasabi, and Gordito. After a few moments, the voice-over starts in again.]

Gordito: He probably meant it as a warning. He never felt I was as stern or as serious about things as I should be, like he was. But I took it a different way; why worry about permanence when you can enjoy the experience? Nothing lasts forever, baby, that's what he was really telling me. Everything you attain will fade away eventually. The best we can do is prepare ourselves to make our name in the world, to follow our dreams, and to enjoy what we've got while we've got it.

[The images change to scenes from the Chris Jones/Gordito match from Ascension. He picks up his verbal tempo dramatically.]

Gordito: So a couple of years later I open for a friend's band at Rocktoberfest, a rock festival at some shitty college in Northern California, and after the show we're all drinking and being stupid, when one of the school staff approached with quite the damn attitude. He was saying something silly like "blah-blah-blah open alcohol containers" and "yadda-yadda calling campus security" when he asked us: "Why would you want to waste your life doing something that's probably going to kill you in the long run?". And that's when it hit me: because it's what I want to do. Our time here is limited, and so I'm not going to waste any of it doing anything I don't want to do. I'll take 35 years of fun and games and a shot liver over ending up 65 with the last 15 years spent in a wheelchair lamenting about all the good times I didn't have, about all the risks I didn't take, and about all the adult diapers I'll be going through in the next week.

[The images stop playing. The screen is black again momentarily, until a small spotlight from above turns on and reveals Gordito standing facing the camera with his arms crossed. He begins speaking.]

Gordito: Wrestling is my life. Wrestling is my passion. Wrestling is what I what to die being remembered for! Wrestling is how I want to inspire you, and entertain you and make you go "damn, that tubby bastard can put on a show"! I want to excite you in the same way that wrestlers and rock bands excited me! I want you to see that working hard and being tough and never giving up will always lead you to what you want, but I want you to also see that you should have fun while you can still have it. Enjoy every damn sandwich, every damn beer, every damn spinebuster, every damn loss, and every damn victory! Life is too short to waste being worried about when The Dirty Train is gonna end. As long as it's still rolling, have fun and go crazy my friends! Have fun & go crazy!

[Fade to black as the song ends]

Last edited by DirtyJosé : 06-09-2010 at 09:10 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote