View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
The answer for me is zero. That's not the point.

To make the decision that the women are relevant enough to have their own Rumble, only to have it be a dominant, win-from-the-#1-spot spectacle for some "star" that only hardcore fans even know is nonsense. She has been on the main roster for a cup of coffee and is "A-zoo-ka" to plenty. She is not Ric Flair in '92. Internet fans are the ones who watch 80 hours of this crap every week and read all of the awful articles and watch the Network/NXT, which most people do not. That is not the majority of fans. Her streak is below most people's radar and she is nowhere near as popular as Daniel Bryan was when his predictable, yet deserving, win came to fruition. That Mania needed that big moment. The Rumble does not need this ho-hum faux moment. It's an insult because it immediately shows that the women need to play every Rumble card at once to make it relevant. So, save me your quotes of overused, Cena-like points because I don't know what you're talking about. I don't read those posts, so if I use a phrase that those people overuse, too bad. You want a phrase people overuse? Talk about "telling a story" during a match. Save that for the full-time wrestling lifers that flood this repetitive forum. For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.
So doing something that could potentially lead to an interesting Women's Championship match up for WrestleMania isn't the point? Also, your assessment of Asuka's popularity doesn't seem to jive with the recognition she's been getting on Raw. Right now, Asuka is probably the only woman on the main roster who hasn't been diluted by lousy booking decisions that hinder her momentum and that makes her stand out in a positive way. If Asuka being in the Rumble, going all the way and having that match at WrestleMania is the end game, then I'm willing to endure the so called "ho-hum faux moment" you mentioned. Speaking of which, why exactly would it be "ho-hum?" Just because you don't like it? Most things in wrestling are subjective, so I don't see why you try to pass off your opinions as rock solid gospel. Also, please, for the love of God, stop trying to come off as though you're somehow above the "full-time wrestling lifers" or anyone who frequently posts in these forums. Every last one of us spend a significant portion our time investing in a fake sport that revolves around men & women engages in fake feuds that culminate in fake fights so do yourself, and everyone else, a favor and stop behaving as though this is all beneath you.

We're obviously of two different minds on this: I want to see something which results in Asuka, the only female who hasn't been butchered by Vince yet, heading to WrestleMania as I think she's the only one CURRENTLY who can provide an interesting opponent for whomever is champion by then. The Royal Rumble is a stepping stone to WrestleMania, and important stepping stone but a stepping stone nonetheless. I've no idea what it is you want, nor do I really care.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote