View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

Thinking about what I was going to list for HBK made me realize something rather odd. I don't have a lot of "Shawn Michaels" matches that I love, but most of my favorites for other wrestlers, include Shawn Michaels. Whether it's any match with Jericho, "the" match with Shelton Benjamin, or the ladder match with Razor Ramon, they're all great matches, that Shawn happened to be a part of. That being said, my two favorite matches for HBK are against Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 14 and the Iron Man match against Bret Hart.

Granted, the match against Austin might not have been the best match of Shawn's career, but I loved DX, and at the time, was very anti-Austin. Naturally, I was pulling for HBK, and wanted Tyson to hit Austin so hard, he grew hair. As surprised as I was at the ending, I loved it. It was completely unexpected, and was another memorable moment in Shawn Michaels' career.

Again, the Iron Man match may not have been his finest piece of work, but the aura surrounding it, and the memory of sitting at home chanting his name with my family while he fulfilled his boyhood dream, is one that will stick with me forever. Watching this on PPV, was more exciting than seeing the Ladder Match live, and that was an epic match, and definitely one for the ages.

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif