View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

This was a great debate. This is exactly what I had in mind when I started this league.

Let me break this down. Remix's plan of attack was to show that fascist governments have existed in the real world and that the only true anarchist nation, Somalia, is a flop. Well played. However, as Rqzor pointed out, all of Remix's examples of successful fascist governments were pre-bronze age. Fascism in today's world just doesn't work according to Razor.

On the other hand, Razor tried to show that the world could exist in small pockets with no government intervention. Good idea for contextualizing the debate. Remix clearly showed that there is no empirical evidence to prove Razor's assertion on a national level. On the other hand, Razor never supported nationalizing anarchy, so, that point is moot. Remix did a good job.

I think that the difference in this round is that Razor's THEORY flows across the round, while Remix's pragmatism has been exposed. When on an even plane, I take pragmatism over theory everytime, however, in this case, the realistic application is shown to be insufficient grounds to vote, leaving only the theory standing.

Razor wins. If I were scoring it, it would have been 50 - 46.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote