View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
There are a lot of similarities between he and Cena that you pointed you, but there are key differences as well.

A lot of it comes down to what each guy is and was willing to do in ring. Yes, there was a time where Cena deserved the criticism of his five moves of doom and predictable matches. That isn't the case the last few years. John goes out almost each night and is determined to put on his best. He is willing to work with the other guy, play to their strengths, give them their moments. It's why a John Cena PPV match these days is rarely bad.

Orton though, hasn't been willing to go that extra mile. I'm not going to go so far as call him lazy, but he is content to just go out each night and put on passable matches. Rarely is a Randy Orton match bad, but let me ask you something. How many classic matches can you name that Orton had?
Absolutely. There are key differences between Cena and Orton, which did occur to me, just that I didn't include them in the OP immediately.

It's sort of astounding when one considers these facts:-

Between Cena and Orton and their common feuds,

Cena had an Epic feud early in his career with Edge, while Orton only managed to have a few decent matches with Edge over the years, brief feuds, which were ALL won by Edge.

Cena's feud/matches with Punk from MITB and Summerslam are nothing short of momentous and legendary, while Orton's are just two steps below.

And it's true, one cannot come up with that many classic Orton matches. He's had good matches, but not that many great ones. I think his most memorable and excellent work has been with Cena, HHH and Undertaker.

Whereas with Cena, the match with Lesnar from 2012, the one with Taker from 2003, the ones with Punk of course, and the one with AJ Styles from Summerslam, are absolute classics.

And yet one might be compelled to think Orton's the superior or gifted athlete. More agile and what not.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 08-09-2017 at 10:59 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote