View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

Good Thread KB. Essentially I agree with the consensus of Wrestlemania I being nothing more then a glorified house show. It was, but you also have to remember, context. There was no national TV deal set, pay per view was in its infancy, and the WWF was just beginning to come around as a national power. Essentially Wrestlemania was a knee jerk reaction to the NWA creating it's supercard in Starrcade, and an attitude of anything you could do, I could do better.

Wrestlemania I was pretty bad, nothing great, nothing terrible. I only remember Greg Valentine and JYD having a pretty good matchup for the IC title, I remember the Body Slam challenge and Heenan grasping the bag, and then I remember the clusterfuck that was known as the Main Event featuring a guy named Mr. T. Pretty much all you need to know about Wrestlemania.

Then Wrestlemania II was the first pay per view that I remember watching "live" at least I think it was. I was 5, and vividly remmeber the Image of Hogan atop the Steel Cage ripping his shirt off with the title belt around his waste. Overall though this is the worst Wrestlemania ever to date, yes even worse then Wrestlemania 11. The only thing you can remember from Wrestlemania II that was remotely positive was Roddy Piper vs. Mr. T, but even that ended in a joke. The Dream Team vs. The Bulldogs was probalby the only solid match of the entire card. I tried to watch this again last year, and the entire pay per view was terrible. The celebrity announcers calling color comentary was horrendous, the Battle Royal was a mixture of NFL Players and Wrestlers, and the card had Uncle Elmer, that's bad.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote