View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
For what it was at the time I still don't think the original was anything out of the ordinary compared to other house shows and special events that were taking place at the time, aside from the fact that they slapped the "WrestleMania" name on the event and invited a bunch of celebrity names to attend the event. I personally feel WM didn't really get off of the ground until WMIII, the match listing was a mile long and it featured a lot of matches that fans at the time wanted to see. I still enjoyed WM1 & WM2 but I just feel that they were not out of the ordinary when compared to other MSG shows going on at that period.
You serious? Didn't get off the ground til Wrestlemania 8? Your crazy lol. Umm, since a still standing record of 90,000 people were at Wrestlemania 3, which I consider 1 of the best, I think you may be off. And Wrestlemania 6 with Warrior/Hogan and 60,000, I think it was well before then. Wrestlemania may have been average, but what did people expect? It was an experiment, and there wasn't as many "big stars" as the future Mania's. I mean guys like Savage, Warriors, etc. Once they saw how well it did, it was onlt gonna get better.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote