View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

All right, at this point it is clear that the "TNA/Impact Wrestling/GFW basic cable broadcasted Universal Studios stunt show" is inching ever closer to its final resting place. I know we've thought this company was dead many times before and yet here we are, with Impact somehow still on TV. The 3 suitors this time around are WWE, ROH, and Corgan.

Corgan is the least likely in my opinion. He already lost one time and got burned. I also think his "Generation X" wrestling promotion concept with him as the Authority Figure failed to set the wrestling world on fire when we got it on Impact last year, so why would it work now? I could be wrong though and maybe Corgan will unleash his vision of wrestling on us and it will be great. Who knows.

WWE buying up Impact's library would be great for WWE Network subscribers. I think wrestling fans may enjoy that outcome, but at the loss of another basic cable wrestling brand to watch. With Raw, Smackdown, NXT and ROH there's plenty to watch out there. Impact going away would be tough, but I think fans would move on pretty quickly and would enjoy checking out old Impacts on demand on the WWE Network.

ROH buying up Impact would probably result in ROH using Impact's TV slots to air ROH weekly. With Cody Rhodes, Lethal, Castle and other great talents I think Impact fans wouldn't be to disappointed by that. Still ROH is a specific style and some fans prefer a more WWE lite type of show. Personally I'm gunning for this outcome because more eyes on ROH is what's best for wrestling.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote