View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 04:35 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I don't see the problem.

I mean, I abhor domestic violence, but WWE didn't seem to have a dilemma in pushing a known wife-beater like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as their main guy, and use his image everywhere, despite allegations from Jeannie Adams, Debra and another girlfriend that he was violent towards all of them, and plead guilty to the Debra incident.

The fans didn't seem bothered by it either, given their pops when Austin gave Stacy Keibler a "Stone Cold Stunner" three weeks after he plead guilty to hitting Debra.
A. You're talking about an incident or series of incidents that occurred fifteen years ago.

B. He plead no contest, not guilty. They are not the same thing. Pleading no contest doesn't admit guilt, it simply accepts punishment.

C. TNA/GFW have already set a recent standard that I would imagine they would stand by regarding a type of zero tolerance policy on domestic abuse (that I'd imagine also extends to things like child abuse). When Bram was initially arrested after an incident with his girlfriend in which he was accused of "domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment", he was quickly suspended [indefinitely] by then TNA. Once the charges were dropped, he was reinstated, but they made their position quite clear.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Perhaps you might want to argue that they're under new management now, and you'd be factually correct to do so, but I'm not so sure the Anthem-Jarrett-lead GFW rendition is going to treat this with kids gloves, or any level of willful ignorance for the sake of their television product given how quickly they responded to the initial reports citing an internal investigation immediately being launched.

The only thing also worth noting here is that despite being suspended, because TNA was in the same position they are now, having already taped well in advance, they actually continued to air pre-taped matches featuring Bram during his suspension. They were also chastised for doing so, so I'm not sure what the answer is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote